Chapter Twenty Nine: Finding Animal Totems

Everyone screamed and ran away quickly, and I did too. However, the dinosaur was not happy with my attitude I gave him, at this point. I screamed and ran for my life, and I can hear the dinosaur chasing me from behind. Luckily, I was able to cut him off at a path I took. As I placed my hand on my heart, I took a deep breath and went to go join the others. "Okay, so we need to complete the painting here.", Joey told me. I saw that there was some prehistoric art that was not done yet, and saw how interesting it looked. We all went to work immediately, but had some trouble on what the painting needed. We tried to ask the caveman, but we still couldn't understand him. As everyone was still thinking, I looked at the painting and thought of something. I got out the prehistoric paint and brush, and decided to make an egg.

My Confession: This all makes sense now! The note talked about passing the egg around to one another, and it kind of reminded me of the painting. So, with a hint of my outstanding artistic skills, I put it on the painting and its completed.

Everyone was happy that I got the painting complete, and I blushed. The caveman then gave Joey a stick with a glowing point on it. It was actually one of those locators to help find water. Only except, this one was going to be used to help us find totems. We all decided to split up: Colleen and Brentman were out finding bones for the brink grave, while me, Joey, and Ro went out to find the totems.

Ten Minutes of Searching Later...

The stick was extremely helpful for us. So far, we were able to find one out of three totems. We just need two more. I was helping a bit with the search, but I was instead on watch duty. With the sledgehammer still in my hands, I was immediately ready for a dinosaur to come at me (not really). Joey and Ro was busy finding rocks to make a symbol, and I figure that this would be a good time to talk to him while he's sorting out the rocks. "Hey, Joey... Listen, I- Uh... I wanted to say from earlier before, that.... I shouldn't have gotten that angry with you.... I'm sorry.", I explained myself to him. He looked at me for a second, and I was a bit nervous to hear what he was going to tell me. "I'm the one who should be sorry... I shouldn't have raised my voice at you like that, and told you that I don't care if you die. Because, when I saw that you got stabbed, I was immediately heartbroken. It was hard for me to see my best friend go so quickly. But, I promise you that we're going to make it out alive with everyone else. And I accept your apology, too.", he told me. I was completely smiling at this point. I was so glad that things were behind us now. I went up to him and hugged him. "I love you.", I said was he gave me a hug too. But as we were still hugging, I looked up to hear Ro slipping on the rocks. "Uh Oh! Uh Oh! Uh Oh! Uh Oh! We're good!", she said in the cutest voice while getting up. I decided to come up and help her find the last rock, and I found it immediately. I gave it to Joey, and he placed it on the ground to complete the symbol. As he did, I heard a latch on the ground. We all looked down to see a puddle of liquid that I believe was tar. "One of us is going to have to do this.", I said while poking the jiggly substance. Ro got down on her knees and took off her coat. "I'm ready! Joey, I'm doing this for you.", she said while sticking her hand inside the tar.

My Confession: I was actually surprised to see that Ro was stepping up her game. GO TEAM CINNAMON ROLL!

As she pulled out this tar covered object, Joey took off the rope around it and saw that it was a totem. "We got another one! Let's go meet up with the others to see if they found the last one.", I said to them.

Back With Brentman and Colleen

As we all made it back, Colleen told us that she and Brentman not only found eight bones, but a totem as well. We all started to assemble everything together around the egg, and a green light flashes to our surprise. I went up to get a note from the open latch on the ground, and gave the note to Joey.

   With the ritual from the Sacred Hollow, you can now command the curse god to release the jeweled key from its clutches. However, to enact the ritual, two must be selected by vote to venture into the Raptor's feeding pit. And gather the objects required.

Everyone went quiet after hearing the last thing we had to do in order to get the key. "Wait a second... So, one of us has to try not to get eaten by a dinosaur?...", I asked everyone.

My Confession: I am not going into that challenge as dinosaur dinner...