Chapter Nineteen: Speechless

Outside the Museum

I ran outside to let all of my tears out, so no one doesn't need to see me crying inside. I found the stone bench and laid my face down on it. I was so upset, I couldn't believe that I would hear Joey say something like that to me. Worse of all, me and him are no longer friends. My heart is so broken, and I don't know what will fix it. After crying for about a few minutes, I looked up and dried my tears. I didn't even care if my mascara was messed up, at this point.

Song: Speechless (Part 2)

Written in stone. Every rule.
Every word. Centuries old
and unbending.

I got up from the ground and took out my crystal necklace. After looking at it, I ripped it off angrily.

Stay in your place.
Better seen and not heard.
Well now that story's ending.

After ripping off my necklace, I walked up to where I could see a lake right next to the museum grounds.

Cause I! I can not start
to crumble. So come on
and try. Try to shut me
and cut me down!

As I walked up, I flung my necklace so far and heard it hit the lake. Tears went down my face again after that happened. But the anger was still inside me. So I clenched my fists and turned around to walk back inside the museum.

I won't be silenced!
You can't keep me quiet!
Won't tremble when you
try it! All I know is I won't
go speechless! Speechless!

After opening up the doors, I walked down the hall and saw my reflection in the glass frames that held some art pictures. Just seeing my reflection of me last year, made me even more madder than ever.

Let the storm. I can not
be broken. No I won't live
unspoken. Cause I know
that I won't go speechless!

I couldn't look at myself for even a second, so I ran back outside and looked out at the dark sky.

Try to lock me in this cage.
I won't just let me down and die!

The stars were still glowing up in the night sky, and I was kind of cheering up. However, I was still feeling a bit upset after what happened. I walked up to one of the columns and leaned back on it.

I will take these broken wings
and watch me burn across the sky!
And the echoes saying I won't
be silenced!

As more tears came down my face, I saw the broken mirror in front of me. Only this time, I didn't see my reflection. This time, it showed Joey's reflection in it. And for some weird reason, the mirror changed images of Joey to show all of his sinister faces that he had for the past three years. From his dinner party, all the way to the carnival.

Though you wanna see
me tremble when you try
it. All I know is I won't go
speechless. Speechless!

I couldn't stand to look at his face, so I picked up a rock from the group and threw it at the mirror. Shaders of it went everywhere on the ground, and I kicked them to dust them away.

Cause I'll breathe! When
they try to suffocate me,
don't you underestimate me!

After cleaning the pieces away, I walked down the stone stairs of the museum and looked up at the sky again.

Cause I know that I
won't go speechless!
All I know is I won't
go speechless! SPEECHLESS!

As I screamed up into the night sky, I heard a large noise coming from the back of the museum. This got me to wonder what happened at the challenge, and who made it out alive. "The guys!", I said to myself while running back inside the museum. This time, my thoughts were clear from what happened. However, my heart was still a bit cracked.

Back Inside the Lounge

As I ran back inside, I heard the others reading a note that they got, and they were all surprised to see me come in. But not as surprised as for me to see that Tana and Gabbie were gone. I couldn't believe it; they were both dead. "Genesis, where were you?", Joey asked me. However, I just ignored him. "Are you okay?", Colleen asked me. However, I didn't feel like talking to anyone, so I went to go sit down instead. "I'm fine! I just don't want to talk to anyone right now...", I told them all. Everyone looked at me for a second again, but I didn't care.

My Confession: I honestly am not trusting Joey, at this point. Right now, it's every man and woman for themselves, now. And believe me, no matter what gets in my way, I will make it out alive. And nobody, not even Joey, is going to stop me.