Chapter Thirty Three: The Power of the S.A.E Crystal

Somewhere Outside the Museum

I forgot where was the Camelot Exhibit at, so I just ran and tried to avoid getting caught. As I did, I couldn't see that well due to the darkness around me. "I need a torch. Huh?", I said to myself. But as I did, I saw some light glowing on my chest. And it was coming from my crystal necklace. It glowed bright blue, and it was enough for me to see. "Woah... This is- How is- Whatever!", I said while looking at my necklace glowing brighter. I then continued to walk to find Excalibur, but that was until I heard laughter. And it sounded very sinister. "Hello? Who's here? Show yourself!", I said while picking up a large heavy stick from the ground. And out of the darkness, came the Carnival Master. I was immediately terrified, but I had to stay strong. "Hahaha... I'm so happy to see you again, my dear...", he said to me as I glared at him. "What do you want, Carnival Master? Or should I say, your real name, Nicholas?", I said while pointing my stick at him. If only I had my sledgehammer, then that would've been more helpful than what I have now. The Carnival Master walked around me slowly, and I was prepared to attack him. "My goodness, you haven't changed since the last time I saw you. You know, I was rather surprised that you escaped from my clutches after that savant saved you from my curse. But now that I'm back, I can see that you're all by yourself now. You do wear that black leather very well, you know. And I'm sure that you could be so much more better somewhere else instead of being locked inside this museum forever.", he said to me while continuing to walk around me. I pointed the stick closer and made him back up a bit. "What are you trying to tell me?", I asked. The Carnival Master closed his eyes and smiled at me. "Oh, I mean no offense to you, my dear. I'm saying, why be locked up here, when you can be back in Everlock with me?...", he said. "W-What?...", I asked while feeling a bit scared. "When we first met, I knew for a fact that I needed you to be by my side, in order to help me take over the town. And even until that savant broke you from my curse, I was not ready to give up just yet. This museum is amazing and everything, but I can give you a better life than what the Collector has in stored for you. It's funny... We aren't so different, you and I... We're-", he explained. However, I stopped him from talking so I can have my word. "Now just wait one second, Nicholas!", I said angrily. "What?!", he answered me back. "I know for a fact that you're trying to trick me again, just like you did to me last year! You were going to say, "We're both nothing but just the same." Well let me tell you something, I am NOTHING like you! You are NOTHING compared to me! You decided to take over my mind with your powers, and enslave me in order to betray my friends so you can win without the Society Against Evil coming back to get you. I was able to escape your powers through the power of love and friendship! And you were soon defeated, afterwards! PERIOD! You are not my equal. You're not even like me. I would rather be busy facing my fight with the devil himself, than stand here and be busy talking to an evil-old-beast like you!", I said to him in the most bravest way as possible. I never thought that I would hear myself say something like that; but I'm glad I did. The Carnival Master looked quiet for a second and then started to talk to me again. "So you think of me as an evil-old-beast? With a plot to get you back into my powers again? Well then... Since you've mentioned that you would rather face the devil himself, allow me to show you THE POWERS I HAVE GOTTEN FROM HIM!", he said as his voice became louder. Suddenly, I felt him grabbing my neck and lifting me up off the ground. I gasped for air, but he was chocking me with his grip. Tears went down my face, as I dropped the stick to try to get him to let go of me. "HAHAHAHAHA!!!! Looks like you lied, my dear: You CAN'T fight off the devil's powers at all, now can you?...", The Carnival Master said while smiling evilly at me. I closed my eyes in pain and tried to escape again. But as I did, I felt my necklace glowing again, and its powers went inside my eyes. As I my eyes turned bright blue, the Carnival Master looked surprised. "WHAT THE-", he shouted. And just like that, the power in my crystal shot out and got the Carnival Master to let go of me. As I fell onto the ground, the Carnival Master lied back on the ground in pain after getting hit. I caught my breath as I got up to walk up to him. "What did I tell you, Nicholas? We're NOTHING alike...", I said to him while continuing to walk. My crystal was still glowing a bit, but it faded down to re-energize itself. And my eyes, turned back to their dark brown color. As I continued to walk, I saw something sparkling from a mile away. "It's... Excalibur! I finally found it! Now I can go- AHHHH!!!!", I said to myself while seeing the sword from far away. But as I did, I felt a sharp pain going straight through my right boot. Turns out that the Carnival Master crawled up to me and stabbed me in the foot with a blade he had with him. I fell down onto the ground in pain, and I couldn't get up. I was losing blood from my foot, and I was feeling so dizzy a bit. The Carnival Master walked up and looked down at me. "Hopefully you're friends will be able to find you... Maybe not, because the museum is full of monsters... Probably best to just stay here and wait until you turn into dust. Long day living Hell.... Hahahahaha....", he said to me. I teared up a bit, due to the pain I was in. However, I looked up and glared at him. "You son of a bitch! I f**king hate you!", I said to him angrily. Afterwards, he walked away with an evil smile, and I immediately passed out.

Ten Minutes Later...

"Genesis! Oh my gosh! Are you okay?!", I heard Joey's voice. I woke up immediately and saw the others coming up towards me. However, I couldn't talk with the pain I still had in my foot. "She's bleeding!", Colleen said while seeing blood still dripping out of my boot. "Let me see.", Joey said while walking up to my leg. He took off my boot and saw the stab wound. I was so terrified after looking at it, and I was immediately going to be sick after seeing so much blood leaking out. "Oh honey, we need to get you to a hospital, afterwards!", Brentman said while placing his hands on my foot to stop the bleeding. "He stabbed me! The Carnival Master! I found where Excalibur was, and he stabbed me so I couldn't get to the exhibit!", I explained myself while feeling the pain hurting me even more. Joey placed my foot down and picked me up bridal style. "Don't worry, we know. We saw him take Colleen, and he and the monsters are at the sword already. But don't worry, we have a plan.", Joey said while walking with me in his arms. He even mentioned something about a plan, and I was not ready to find out what it was going to be.

At the Camelot Exhibit

Once all four of us got to the exhibit, I could see all the monsters around Excalibur. "Guys, what's the plan? They're around the sword.", I said to the three. But as I did, they all started to talk so loudly to get the monsters attention. "Hey guys! Oh, weird! How did we get here? Oh No! Oh No!", they all said. I was immediately terrified at what they were all doing. "Guys, what are you-", I said until the monsters got away from the sword to come to us all. Joey ran with me in his arms, and the other two did as well. "What is going on?", I asked. "You'll see in a second!", Joey told me quickly. We all went to this spot that had a ring of fire on the ground, and the monsters were all around it. Next thing you know, none of them could escape. "Oh! Now I see...", I told myself. The ring of fire started to form red statics around the monsters, and Joey was laughing evilly at them all; including the others. "Hahahaha!!!! That's right! ENJOY YOUR EXHIBIT!", Joey told them. "BYE BITCHES!", I told the monsters. And just like that, they all screamed and disappeared. "It worked! You guys did it!", I said. Colleen then told us that we need to head to Excalibur, and so we did. Once we got to the sword, Joey places me down next to Colleen so he can place each emblem around the stone, and Brentman poured some blood on the sword as well. After all of that was done, it was time to say the chant. "On the count of three. Ready? One! Two! Three! The old- Oh! The old we- One! Two! Three! Let the old fade to dust and from the ashes of ages rise- Okay, sorry!", me and the others said while trying to chant the spell. However, we were having trouble saying it together. "Okay, one more time!", I said as everyone started to act normal again.

   Let the old fade to dust and from the ashes of ages rise as the Sword of All Legends!

Once we all got the chant down, a lightning bolt hit Excalibur and it glowed. Joey went up to pull out the sword, and the glow on it looked so beautiful. "Genesis, your necklace! It's... Glowing too?...", Colleen told me. I looked at my crystal necklace and saw what she meant. "I know. It happened when I was with the Carnival Master. And it even shot some of its powers at him.", I explained while examining the glowing crystal. "Wait! Is that- The crystal necklace I gave you last year?", Joey asked me. "Yeah! You told me that it would protect me. I had no idea what you meant. So I just thought of it as a good luck charm.", I explained to him. Joey walked up to me and looked at the glowing crystal. "I forgot to tell you, that's the necklace of the Society Against Evil. Jael gave it to me, so I can give it to you. After last year, you were officially part of the society. And that necklace holds a large power of the society, and a wish. The crystal will let you have an opportunity to give you back a dead person of your choosing.", Joey explained. I was immediately surprised after hearing what he had to say. "I'm a part of the society... Wow! No wonder why I didn't end up in Hell! The necklace... Its powers were able to protect me all this time. Even when I tried to get rid of it, its powers were still inside me.", I said to myself. Joey smiled at me and looked back at the others. "Let's go kill her!", he said while walking away with the sword. We all then left the exhibit to find the Collector, and I officially ready to use my powers on her myself.