Chapter 21

"1, 2, 3...GO!" The fake gun goes off and I run.

I past the 1st bend in a breeze and carry on running, in my own bubble and not realising the incoming hazard, other contenders.

"Move you the way, stupid!" the black hair girl groans and pushes me, which results in me on the ground seconds after.

I sniffle multiple times, keeping the tears in. 'Why are people so mean?' I think to myself, I try to be nice to everyone, isn't that enough?

I hear panting behind my and someone kneel beside me.

"Bibble, are you ok?!" I look up and see my fairytale prince, Niall.

I shake my head and point to the evil girl who was now getting MY shiny medal. "I was winning then that girl pushed me over!"

Niall's face turns red like a tomato. "Wait here." He mumbles, anger lacing in his voice.

He stands up and stomps over to the now bloating girl. If stamping could cause earthquakes; we'd all be doomed.

"Debbie!" He screams and she turns around, worried etched across her face.

The start talking, Niall's face getting closer and closer to hers. It's like his words are venom from a deadly, endangered snake; she wincing at every vowel and pause.

After the commotion, 'Debbie', hands over her medal to the now calm Niall. He walks back over to me without another stare or scare.

He hands me the medal and grins, his disproportionate teeth showing, which makes me grin. Like a chain reaction.

"Thank you, Niall." I stand up and hug him.

The girls from the seats start to scream "COOTIES". But I don't care.

Maybe I wanted to get my first cooties from Niall.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ciona's POV

I push him away, which causes him to stumble slightly. "I am NOT your sister, I'm a only child!" I yell, trying to convince myself more than others.

"Who's your dad?" he puts his hand on his hip and leans on the door frame, awaiting an answer. "G-Gary Chamberlain?.." I reply quietly, almost a whisper. "And your mother?" He pushes my and my breath catches. "Alison.", this time I do whisper.

He claps his hands together. "Same here." He grins at me like a lunatic while I just gaze at him emotionless and frigid.

"What's wrong? You've met your sibling for gods sake!" Jack shouts rather loudly, this results in my empty thoughts being shattered.

"I'm gonna put some clothes on, please make yourself at home." Niall nods at my 'brother' and jumps up the stairs humming one of his well known songs, More Than This.

I smile, keeping his tune in my head.

"I'm sorry at just jumping and hugging you, I'm just so happy." He laughs awkwardly and scratches the back on his head.

I shake my head in response. "Just a lil' warning next time." I laugh, but secretly hope that this will be the last time. "Anyway, please, come in." I open the door wider and smile.

He walks in and mumbles a 'thanks' prior to his movement. "So where do you live? I heard you's only got together?"

"How comes I've never heard of you?" I ask, changing the subject. He needs to know none of the subject yet.