Chapter 26

(A.N sorry if it's a bit short! I'm tired aha!)

Isla's POV

I slump against the toilet and I breath deeply, trying not to look weak with the girls just outside.

I know we should've waited, me and Liam. I just couldn't say no to his puppy brown eyes, I woke up this morning with a nightmare about the wedding.

Everything went wrong and Liam didn't say I do.

He would say I do, wouldn't he?

My breaths start to become short puffs of air. I'm not getting enough oxygen.

"I don't care if it's the girls bathroom, I have to see her!" I hear through the bathroom door, I look in the direction when the door slams open. The sounds echoes around the room.

"Isla?!" A Wolverhampton voice ring through the small, enclosed box I chose to hide in and once again there's a banging on the door.

The banging makes my ears ring, I stay silent before I can't take it no more. "Stop! Stop the banging, please!" I beg in hopes he'd listen.

"This is it, I'm gonna do it." I murmur to myself before standing up. My legs feel like jelly, my eyes have dilated far too much, my limbs won't stop shaking at an alarming rate.

"I'm sorry, Li." I choke out and I mentally hit myself when I hear how pathetic my voice sounds. "No. Isla Mae Brown open the door!" There's a massive bang, which causes a hinge to fly off and hit me in the thigh.

I whimper at the contact. I feel vulnerable, I puny piece of metal making me feel pain.

There is another terrifying bang and the door falls down, landing right by my feet which are covered in doodle vans. Liam got them for me, this is Liam's hoodie.

I could've went in the pieces of clothing of which the person I adore and care the most about.

Liam looks at me with his tear filled eyes and runs over the now broken door to pull me into his arms. This is when I begin to cry, again.

"I nearly lost you." He whispers in a hoarse tone while stroking my hair. "I could've lost you Isla, I can't loose you. What made you do it?!" his voice cracks when he finishes and he is full on crying now.

Well, real men do cry.

"There's a guy called Jason. We went out for a couple of months, he wouldn't let me leave him. He beat me, done..things too." I say emotionless. Trying not to gain anymore attention.

"I'm going to beat the shit out of him." He growls, his sad feeling being transferred into fury. "I could've lost the only light in my life because of him."

He stand up fully and wraps an arm protectively around my waist line. "Show me that dick, now."

And I lead him to the classroom, my sad feeling being transferred to excitement and anticipation.

"I love you, Li."

"And I you, Isla. More than you'll ever know."