Chapter 22

Isla's POV

I apply the last adjustments to my outfit, trying to perfect every aspect of the selected clothing.

I'm wearing a 2-piece co-ordinating mesh top and pencil skirt, its a golden leopard print, nude tights and black heels.

I apply a golden smokey eye effect with 2 brushes of mascara and a winged eyeliner effect. I groan in anguish as I see some spots emerging so I apply concealed. Hopefully he doesn't see them.

I make sure my curls haven't came out before I grab a cardigan and my purse with my contents already inside safely.

As I descend from my spiral staircase, a car honks it horn from outside. The corners of my lips pluck up at the sound.

He's here.

I gracefully step out from reasonable sized house and I close the door- remembering this time to lock it. Oh, how many times I've done that!

I place the keys back into my small, black and slightly bulky purse.

A silhouette of a tall man emerges from the car to greet me and I make my way towards him, even more ecstatic with each and every step.

I finally stand in from of him, he's towering me a fair amount and I smile and the fondness in his eyes. "Hey, babe." He whispers while he looks down at him with a quirky smile on his face.

"Liam." I grin while I place myself on my tiptoes to give him a peck on the lips.

He encloses me in a hug after I return to my normal height and I lean my forehead on his chest as I smile in content, hearing his heart beat. "Well, lets get going. We don't wanna be late for our date." Liam says, breathless after a few minutes of in each others arms.

I frown slightly, not wanting to leave this position but I move away anyway and nod. "Lets." I agree. He leads me over to the passenger seat and I step into the car and buckle up.

I still hear his heartbeat softly in my mind, my only cure for the insanity which is my life.

My thoughts get side-tracked as he glides into the drivers seat, buckles up and turns the key to ignite the ignition. Now we're on the road.

I look at him dazed thinking how he even saw me out of the average sized group; let alone ask me on dates!

This is our third date, we've been going out each saturday to little restaurants on the outskirts, so no one finds out. We don't want to tell the others yet, no, not yet. They might over react, or ever forbid us from seeing eachother.

Trust me, it's been done before.

I didn't realise Liam's been speaking, let alone for how long until he places a hand on my thigh. His one movement which is meant to mean content sends electricity coursing through my veins and body.

"Isla, are you ok?" He asks, worry passing through his eyes. He's park outside a small café, small but obviously comfortable. We're probably in the outskirts of London, a vast of trees penetrating the ground around us and wildlife here and there.

I look up at him and shake myself so that I am fully out of the daze and fully focused on him. "I'm fine, just thinking about us." I reply, a patch of scarlet appears on my cheeks, at least the size of an single rose head.

He leans in so we eskimo kiss, "You, Isla Mae, may be the most adorable blushing girl I've seen. Ever." He winks and unbuckles before stepping out of him car and walking round to my side. While I just stay there, no words being able to form.

Normally I have a answer for everything, but funnily enough, he takes my breath away so I cant speak nor function.

He opens my door just by his presence, I snap back into human function and unbuckle. He opens his hand and gestures for me to take it, such a gentleman! He closes the door quietly and locks it before we walk hand in hand to the café.

I take this short time to admire what he's wearing; it's simple yet effective. A white dressy-shirt; almost like a blouse, black faded jeans, white puma hightops and a worn brown leather jacket adorned over his thin fabric of top clothing; perfection in my case.

After admiring the perfect sculpture which is his body, I realise that we're not by the café anymore, but in the forest.

I really have to stop zoning out.

"Where are we going, Li?" I wonder aloud, glancing up to his stubble.

"Somewhere only we know." He sings slightly then grins and speeds up as I spy an opening.

When we approach the opening in the middle of two rose bushes I hear a small pitter-patter or water droplets and the gushing or what sound like the sea.

When we emerge on the other side, it's like we're in another world. My mouth is a-gape slightly as I take in what is presented in front of me. It's magical, beautiful and almost...homely?

There's a small stream running through Liam's chosen and secret hideaway. There's a large oak leaning over the stream, which is causing a few golden and bronze leaves to delicately place their selves on the waters top after they take their journey from the arm of the tree they are attached to onto the lake.

I looks to my right and I see small rocks sprouting from the ground beneath the willow tree, which is swaying gracefully in the rhythm of the wind, it's beautiful. The scene, the nature. And him, Liam, of course.

I turn around to not seeing Liam. This change of scenery I don't like, at all. I spin around to try and see his tall and broad figure to see him kneeling on the ground....on one knee.

He's joking, right?

"Isla Hazel Mae, I know we've only known eachother for a long time, heck, we've only been on three dates! But I know you're the one for me. You might think I'm jumping too fast but I don't care, you're the one for me and I know it. As soon as I saw you in that classroom I instantly fell for you and I'm not planning on getting up ever. Isla, I love you so much, be my wife. Please?"

About half way through his speech I lost my composure, I'm full on sobbing. But I don't care. I can't make no audible noise so I just nod frantically about six time.

He stands up and places the diamond ring from his red velvet box which was positioned on top of his forefinger and index on my wedding finger, the only vein in our two hand which lead to our hearts.

And I know my heart will always lead back to him.

Forever and always.