Chapter 8: One vs. one loser

I was rather confused as to why Tom left, I'm probably just over examining this all he's doing is playing outside it's no big deal. Just as my mind was racing over Tom I thought why just sit here and think about him when he's outside. It's not like Harry will care he's practically asleep plus I'll just say I'm gonna play soccer with Tom while he's sleeping.

"Harry, I'm just gonna play some football with Tom," I whisper as Harry drowses off to sleep.

"Ok bye y/n,"

"Bye," I smile as I went to put on my runners and walked outside.

Tom was busy retrieving the ball from the Holland's garden, I guess he's not as good at football as he lets on. I don't think he noticed I came out here as his back was facing me.

"One on one Tommy," I yell.

He turns around with a mischievous grin on his face and starts to toss the ball from hand to hand. Sweat drenched his t-shirt and his forehead, I sucked in a breath at the site of him covered in sweat. I don't think I'll think this is as hot when I smell him though.

"Aren't you gonna go back with Harry," he says.

I roll my eyes at him,"shouldn't you be with Zendaya."

"Touché," he says.

"Dork," I exclaim as I out out my hands for him to toss me the ball, he does. I place it on the ground,"C'mon Tommy one on one."

I kick him the ball.

"You're on," he exclaims before running with the ball right past me, I quickly start to run and catch him. My foot ball game is weak but fuck it right. I try my best to defend him and try to take the ball from him. After a few tries I do, I start running to his net while he's struggling to keep up I take a shot right before his foot get's in the way. It hits the post and goes in.

"Yes 1 to 0 y/l/n," I exclaim.

"Ya, ya we'll go to 3," he says.

"double or nothing,"

"What, this isn't gambling,"

"First person to 6 wins," I say.

"Deal," Tom says as he starts to drive the ball to my net. I quickly run in front of my net to try and block his goal.

"Shoot it bitch," I taunt him.

"Damn y/n," he says as he swings his leg and with one mighty swing he launched the ball straight towards my abdomen. Taking all the air out of my mouth though I did technically block it.

"I'm so sorry," Tom immediately apologizes and comes to check if I'm ok. He had his hands on my hips and was very close, I looked through the window if Harry or anyone else could see, I let out a sigh of relief when no one was there.

Then I realized this is my moment, I pulled away from Tom got the ball from out of the net and drove it to the other side taking a shot and of course getting it in.

"2 to 0, nice one y/n," he says shaking his head, I think he was genuinely worried about me.

"Here you can have the ball this time," I say as I kick him the ball.

But I kicked it way too hard, it went into the air and hit Tom right on his forehead...and it left a bruise. Shit, shit, shit.

"Tom," I say out of worry I speed up to him and put an arm around him and pulled him close to see the abnormal dark purple mark left on his head.

I seemed to be a lot more worried then he was, the boy couldn't stop laughing.

"Tom stop laughing I hurt you," I say as I start laughing with him.

"You were worried about me," he teases stretching out the you for as long as he could.

"Oh shut up, you worry about me too," I say teasing him right back and giving him a playful shove on the shoulder.

"Ya well it's my job to be worried about you," he defends as he caresses my cheek with his soft hands.

He starts to lick his lips and God does he look hot doing it. A devilish smirk starts to show on his face.

"You know a kiss would really help with my pain," he says as he holds the spot of his head pretending to be very hurt.

I place a finger on his lips,"All you had to do was kiss me and I'd return it," I say before removing my finger.

Tom brings me even closer than before his body heat radiates off of him and the smell of his sweat fills my nose but I kiss him nonetheless. This kiss was more gentle than usual but of course I'm not complaining. He tasted like the corn flakes and fruit juice he had for breakfast. His lips were soft and I could feel the chapstick he had put on, I rested my hand on his shoulders and the other ruffling his hair. It was wet and cold from the sweat dripping from his body.

"No fucking way," we hear , the two of us pull away and look over to the entrance of the Holland's back yard.

There stood the tall blue eyed blondie Harrison. He had a huge smile on his face and jumped up and down at the sight of his best friend making out with someone. He pushed his fist in the air as he exclaimed a long series of yes's.

"Shut up mate," Tom warned him.

"You and y/n! You and y/n!," he said before howling with excitement," Harry's gonna kill you."

"Harry's not going to know," I blurt out.

Harrison gave a sarcastic shocked look. "You guys keep secrets now, c'mon y/n don't tell me you're not gonna tell him that you kissed his brother," Harrison pleads as he gives me a disapproving look.

"I can't," I say.

"Why's that?" Harrison asks.

"I'd prefer for our friendship to stay intact," I respond.

Tom pulled away and shook his head walking back and forth, clearly deep in thought.

"So I'm guessing I shouldn't tell him I found his best friend making out with his brother, plus aren't you guys like dating or whatever I mean Sam always said you guys make out all the time," Harrison trails on, I started to get annoyed.

"Gosh I don't make out with Harry, why does everyone think that," I say.

"So that means you haven't hooked up with him either right,"

An annoyed grunt left my mouth,"No I didn't fuck Harry you ass."

"Ok, ok, but I'm just saying that if Tom kissed my sister I'd be upset, but I'd wanna know the first time it happens," he says.

Tom and I simultaneously sucked in a breath, Harrison gave us both a questionable look.

"Holy shit guys are you serious," Harrison exclaims,"Just tell me when it started."

"Well you see...