Chapter 25: I Just Want him Back

Tom was right, I suppose he always was just took me a second to finally listen. I just hope Harry and I could reach a compromise. God I'm going about this like a business meeting.

Well it's been four week since the incident, last time Harry and I were apart this long he was at summer camp but even then he wrote to me. I tried texting, no response same with my Instagram DM's, Facebook DM's, hell I even tried reaching him through TikTok.

Though when one door closes another opens and yet Harry and I's relationship is on the rocks Tom and I haven't been better. He really is perfect I mean every passing moment with him makes me forget why I had any doubts in the first place and even through I truly miss and care for my best friend Tom really is perfect. And though Harry used to be my only super close friend Harrison and I have actually achieved best friend status on each others list.

I was in Tom's living room with Tom and Harrison, the three of us catching up on whatever new Noah Centineo movie's there are. I had my head rested on his shoulder as he had his arm around me, the two of us distracted by yet another teen rom com. Harrison likes to complain that he's the third wheel, maybe sometimes he's a little right.

"Hey Mrs. Holland," Harrison exclaims as he sees Nikki walk through the halls to wards us, Tom quickly moves his arm and I sit up as she approaches us.

Tom and I still haven't told his parents we got together to be honest I'm not exactly sure if they even know Harry and I broke up, though I know they aren't dumb, they surely know that somethings up with Harry and I.

"Y/n I didn't see you come in, I think Harry's up in his room would you like me to call him down for you," she offers.

"Oh no it's alright, you don't have to do that," I say.

She gives me a questionable look as if she notices somethings off as every other time I hang out with Harry she wouldn't even need to get Harry to come down as I'd go up there myself. Though she left me off the hook as she exits towards the kitchen. "Dinner will be ready in 10 minutes," she calls out.

"Ok mom," Tom yells.

He wraps his arm around me and pulled me toward him so my head could rest on his shoulder again and she could place another kiss on the top of my head all while Harrison can't contain his eye rolls.

I know Tom wants to tell his parents, he loves his family and he wants them to know about his feelings. But it's still all so soon. I feel bad even though he keeps assuring me it's alright, I know it's not. I suppose I just can't tell his family until Harry and I get closure. Our friendship is on the rocks I'm starting to get concerned if he'll even talk to me again. To be honest I'm not completely sure if anyone other than Harrison and Tom even know Harry and I aren't dating anymore. It be scary telling his family we're dating. I wouldn't want a repeat of the last time I opened up about a relationship with the Hollands. Though I wouldn't mind making out with Tom any day.

Tom, Harrison and I sat at the table as Mrs. Holland set out hot plates of rice and beans. She called Sam, Harry and Paddy to join us.

I sat and watched Harry walk down those stairs at an instant I felt my heart rate speed up and my breaths getting shaky. He looked like shit, bags under his eyes and his hair in a tousled mess. But I finally got take a look in those big brown eyes of his, one look to see every feeling going through is head, one look to see the wreck that was his brain, it was also one look for him to realize he wasn't hungry.

"Mom I think I'm gonna skip dinner," his voice shuttered and creaked.

It was almost like he hasn't talked in such a long time his voice surprised him.

"Harry you've skipped way too many meals lately now sit and eat," Nikki's voice raised in concern as she spoke stickling.

He's skipped meals? That wouldn't be because of me, would it? I'm a horrible friend, I'm live witnessing my best friend in one of his greatest lows and all I'm doing is sitting here. All I want to do is stand up and give him a hug, tell him I'm not worthy of all the grief. That he's deserving of someone way better than me, someone else.

A pang of guilt hits my chest as I watch him drag himself to the table, as predicted taking the chair as far away from me as possible. I took a deep swallow and twiddled my thumbs using all amounts of self control not to look at him. I sense Tom noticed my nerves on high so he grabbed my hand squeezed tight giving a deep breath.

I'm a coward, I wanted to flee that scene. Run away from all my problems at that dinner table, but I couldn't so there commenced the most awkward and uncomfortable meal of my life. I sat in silence picking at the food in front of me my eyes seeming to linger on the brooding boy. He sat there in his own world, deep in thought I suppose. Maybe wishing to be any where but here, I guess that makes two of us.

He jumped out of his seat the moment he finished, leaving the table with out a word. And there he went, retreaded back up the stairs back to his room. I felt my heart drop, he was gone, just like that he's gone. I didn't have an appetite, I put my left overs away and put my plate in the sink. I wanted to leave but I felt my body gravitate toward the backdoor, so I went. To the back yard that is, I then went up to the tree Harry and I would always sit in. The one we'd talk in, laugh in,......kiss in (when we were dating) so there I climbed. Up every branch and limp until I reached the top. I rested my back against the trunk and just sat there. Letting every memory sink in, some say losing the one you love is worse than losing a friend. But what if the one you love is your best friend? No I'm not saying I'd rather him then Tom but I do love him.

He's my best friend, I just want him back.