Chapter 15: Ah shit, here we go again

Your POV

A nights sleep was all I needed to feel...better. I still can't believe Tom broke up with me, we dated for almost 6 months I mean that's the longest relationship I've ever had and way longer than any of those rom-com leading ladies and their dates. But in the end there the the ones with the guy and I'm alone. Well not technically I mean I made out with Harry Holland. I've never felt so embarrassed I mean Harry's a great guy which is way more than I can say about Tom at the moment, but now I just proved Tom's point. God, I literally proved that if I wasn't with Tom I'd run to Harry. Know what who cares at least Harry actually cared for me I mean he was able to hold me and help me when he didn't even know what was wrong, no questions asked mean while Tom couldn't even believe me when I said I wanted him and not Harry. Though maybe he was right, maybe Harry is the one for me. Despite it all I guess Tom did have a point and Harry did in fact text me that night, it was great. I spent hours talking with him about everything just like we used to do, when we were friends. I suppose friendship's off the table now, making out with your best friend sure changes things. Though It's been weeks and Harry and I still don't discuss it, sometimes I try to hint at it as it still rots my brain. Im beginning to think he obviously doesn't care enough to remember it and maybe that's good for the most part at least.

Nonetheless I invited Harry over to my house because I don't think I could go back to the Holland's as long as Tom's there. Maybe when the next Spiderman movie starts rolling I'll hang out at the Holland's again. I was scrolling through twitter when I heard the door bell ring though as I went to open the door Harry had seemed to bring the whole gang with him. Well everyone but Tom though even if he was invited to come I'm sure he doesn't want to see me either. Paddy was the first to run inside going straight for the TV, Sam following, so it was just Harry and I walking to the living room.

I shut the door as Harry said,"Harrison and Tom are back at the house they said they wanted to come but were busy prepping something."

"That's fine I'll see them eventually," I say hoping to brush off any topic mentioning Tom's name.

Harry went to hold my hand, sending goosebumps up my arm.

"Y/n I couldn't stop thinking of that kiss," Harry says.

I knew exactly where this was going and all that rushed to my head was Tom. We had the same conversation at the bbq. The look on Tom's face when he asked me about a relationship, the twinkle in his eyes and the bright smile on his face. This exact moment feels like a repeat, though I doubt Harry would want to keep our relationship undercover. I didn't know what to say, I just came out of a break up would it be wise to jump right in to the dating scene. After all he's my best friend if we break up who knows that'll do to our friendship and to be honest all I can think about is Tom. It wouldn't be fair to Harry.

I tried my best to sway the conversation but he wouldn't persist. Saying things like it was unforgettable, unbelievable, hell he even confessed to having a crush on me before hand. All of it came so quickly, I was stunned for sure. If I reject him it'll be so awkward between us and trust me if my relationship with Harry is gone I would have no friends.

"Harry I-," I was about to find someway to turn him down but he went to pull me close.

"I know it's a lot, but I just like you more than anything," he says, his eyes desperate as he gave me a sorrowful look.

I could tell how he was feeling, so vulnerable that you don't even know what to do. That feeling when one word can make you depressed for weeks or on top of the moon. I knew what it felt like, so despite Tom, despite it all, I kissed him.

"I like you too," I tell him.

A smile instantly formed on his face, Harry's smiles were always contagious so of course one was on my face as well. My cheeks were tinted red as he squeezed my hand and led us to living room. We sat down on one of the empty spaces on the sofa next to Sam. Paddy was sat on the floor his eyes firmly focused on the bright colours of the TV screen.

Harry pulled me close and I rested my head on his shoulder. He then went and placed a gentle kiss on the top of my head gaining the attention from Sam.

"Are you guys dating or something," he asks.

I bit my lips with a little smile as Harry pressed his lips against mine once again. A quick yet gentle kiss, though it didn't feel the same. Sure it was sweet but it just didn't leave me wanting more. I know I shouldn't compare him Tom but God, what I'd do for Tom to kiss me one more time.

Sam's face went shocked as he saw the site of Harry and I though surprisingly instead of being an Ass he actually left it alone. No comments, no jokes, not even a dirty one-liner. Though I couldn't say the same for Paddy, he was freaking out.

"I knew it," he exclaimed repeatedly.

"Ya, ya, just watch the show," Harry says as Paddy turned his gaze back to the screen.

As did we all, in fact we spent the rest of the day binge watching old TV sit-coms. As they all left I couldn't help but feel unsatisfied. Usually as they leave I always feel great as I get to hangout with them for so long, yet this time I couldn't shake the feeling of something being missing. Of course there was something missing and his name was Tom. A sigh left my mouth as my mind stumbled upon that name once again, Tom is all I could think about. As I closed my eyes to get any sort of sleep the image of him was all I could see. I doubt it's a good sign to think of another guy when you're in a relationship.