| 11 |

After that trip to the hospital, things between Raina and Damon seemed to become awkward.

Raina was incredibly confused on why, since after Damon raced to take her to hospital after fainting, she'd assumed things were moving on the right track. Although, part of her knew that she shouldn't be too surprised by that. With Damon, things moved liked one step forward and ten steps backwards.

Damon, on the other hand, he was just trying to keep distance from Raina. Every time he was near her, he just felt himself getting lost, and being sucked back into believing she was his, and his only. He couldn't let that happen.

To Damon, it seemed better staying away from Raina, and that's what he was determined to do.

***

It was a Friday night, and since Ariel and Kayden had become official, they really wanted to stop sneaking around and actually act official, which also meant telling Damon.

The thought of telling her older, protective brother with anger issues, that she now had a boyfriend, was terrifying to Ariel. Terrifying enough to cause her to breakout in hives and lost her appetite. Every possible scenario that she could think of, about telling Damon about Kayden, just did not work out and most of all them ended up with Kayden getting hurt somehow.

Ariel rather have a secretive boyfriend than a known dead one.

To make things a little better, Ariel had Raina come over for dinner as well. If anything were to happen, Raina was the only person Ariel thought that Damon would calm down for. Or at least would be enough of a distraction for Damon, so Kayden could get head start and run.

"Thank you so much for being here Rain" Ariel said gratefully, as the two of them got ready for the dinner.

Raina smiled at Ariel though the reflection of the mirror, as she applied her makeup. "Of course. Where else would I be?".

"I wish Rue was here too" Ariel sighed.

She could use a whole army right about now, not knowing exactly what Damon's reaction would be, but knowing it definitely wouldn't be sunshine and rainbows.

"I know, but James was pestering her for a chance that she finally gave in" Raina laughed.

Rue and James had a rocky start, but after a lot of convincing from James' side, she finally relented and decided that it wouldn't hurt to give him a chance. Unfortunately, their date was planned for the same time as this dinner, so Rue couldn't make it.

"Where's he taking her?" Ariel asked.

The details of Rue and James' relationship was kept kind of secretive. They were trying to keep to themselves for now, until it was truly real.

"Apparently it's a surprise" Raina shrugged. "I'm just hoping I don't have to bail Rue out of jail" she then added, causing Ariel to laugh at her words.

"I'm sure it won't be that bad" Ariel said.

Raina nodded, "Yeah it could be worse".

Ariel and Raina finished getting ready. They didn't overdress, but tried to look a little more decent for dinner since this was quite an important one.

As they came down the stairs, Damon was passing the bottom step when he looked up to see the girls coming down. His eyes were fixed on Raina.

Whilst she was only wearing a modest-looking burgundy dress, it was enough for Damon to think she was the most beautiful girl to exist.

Instead of letting her know how great she looked, Damon kept an annoyed look on his face.

"What are you doing here?" He asked Raina, as she came down the stairs and stopped in front of him.