| 18 | - Last Chapter

Throughout Raina's recovery, Damon tried to always be by her side. He meant it when he said he wasn't letting her go, however Raina needed him to go away, to college. She felt bad that he was falling behind because of her.

Damon was already staying at home for Ariel when their parents were away, but they soon returned home, and he continued to stay for her. Although he'd already explained to the college officials about his situation and they were sympathetic. Raina wasn't.

Lucky for Damon, he was smart. Incredibly smart. A fact that Raina didn't really know until very recently.

Damon was able to complete his assignments online, and go to college just to sit his exams, which he also passed. No one had any idea when he even worked or studied.

It took a while for Raina to completely recover from her injuries, especially the broken leg.

She was really annoyed that at the beginning but she was enjoying being pushed around on a wheelchair, since it saved her the effort of walking, but the real pain were the crutches. Raina grew tired of not be able to do simple things, like walking on her own.

This was why months later, when she was told by the doctors she was completely healthy now, Raina was ecstatic and decided to invite everyone over to hers.

***

Ariel stood in the kitchen, by the counter as Kayden walked through with a sulky face.

"Your brother is scaring me," Kayden groaned.

She looked up at him as soon as she heard his voice. She wanted to giggle at his words but instead held herself back.

"Why?" She asked him.

As far as she knew, Damon and Kayden were getting along. They may not be best friends, but they were at least civil.

She would occasionally catch Damon staring daggers at her boyfriend, but she could live with that, as long as he wasn't throwing actual daggers at Kayden.

Kayden gave her a look of disbelief. "Have you seen him?" He questioned her. "He's sitting in that armchair, burning a hole in my head. I swear, if my head explodes I won't be surprised," he mumbled and this time Ariel couldn't hold back her giggle.

"You need to relax, he's not going to do anything," Ariel told him, dismissing his worries.

"To you maybe," Kayden said and Ariel looked at him amused. "Looks can kill, babe," he then added.

Ariel shook her head. "Would you relax? We're all here to watch a movie to celebrate Raina getting a clear bill of health. He won't do anything, especially with Raina here," she mentioned.

Kayden's tense posture seemed to unwind after her words. "She's like my guardian angel," he then said.

Ariel turned to him, with a slight pout. "I thought I was your angel," she asked Kayden.

He then turned to her and look at her with a slight guilty expression. "You are-," he started to say, "But babe, she literally held him back when he tried to run after me, when he found me in your room," he added.

One afternoon, Ariel had the house to herself and Kayden had come over at that same time.
They weren't doing anything, only innocently watching a movie. However, they were doing this whilst laying on Ariel's bed, with Kayden spooning her from behind.

They didn't count on Damon and Raina coming home in that same moment.

Damon saw red, seeing Kayden on Ariel's bed, and Raina had to jump onto Damon's back to try and keep him back from hurting Kayden, whilst he ran for his life. Quite literally.

Intertwined | ✓On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara