| 10 |

Raina was feeling good about herself after having helped Kayden and Ariel sort out the tiff between them.

She felt they were a good couple and she could just see the adoration Kayden had for Ariel. He seemed so broken after the whole Marissa-kiss incident, just like Ariel was.

She wanted to help them, especially since she had her own bet going on with Rue, on how long it would take Kayden to confess his feelings for Ariel.

Kayden had surprised all the girls by confessing his feelings when locked in the room with Ariel. Both Raina and Rue had their ears pressed against the door and didn't even attempt to hide the gasp when Kayden had said he'd fallen for Ariel.

Both the girls were extremely happy for Ariel, since they knew of her feelings for Kayden from long before.

At least one of them was getting a happy ending.

***

Raina was at home, sleeping soundly when she felt someone lift the covers off of her, and slide into bed next to her.

Startled by the movements, she shot out of bed, only to groan seeing who it was.

"Dammit Rory, what are you doing?" She hissed.

Her cousin had come during afternoon with a bag in hand, announcing that he was going to be staying with her. Rory was not asking, and Raina had no say in it.

"I had a nightmare" Rory pouted, and he snuggled into the bed next to Raina, who flopped back down.

"You do realise you're twenty, right?" She said, unamused at her older cousin ruining her sleep, all because of a nightmare.

"So? Grown men can have nightmares" Rory then challenged.

Raina gave him a curious look, "And crawl into bed with their little cousin?" She asked and he shrugged.

Wrapping an arm around her, he pulled her in. "You're like my therapy dog" he said.

Raina elbowed him harshly. "The fück?" She responded, not impressed at the comparison.

Of all things for him to say, Raina didn't expect that.

Wincing slightly from he impact of Raina's elbow, Rory rubbed his stomach. "I mean you bring me comfort" he corrected himself.

Raina then snorted. "Shouldn't Kit bring you comfort?" She asked him, and he groaned.

"He's a jerk, which is why I'm here in the first place" Rory muttered.

Raina and Rory were close cousins and were more siblings if anything. She was the first one he came out to, and he was aware of the Damon situation. Rory had told Raina about Kit, his boyfriend who he had met whilst in college.

"You guys are a cute couple, I've never seen you argue" Raina commented.

She had always seen them loved up and all cute, which was why she was surprised when Rory showed up saying he had an argument with Kit. Especially since the argument was based around who they would go for if the other had a free-pass. Rory wasn't entirely impressed with Kit's answer of the receptionist of his gym.

"Only behind closed doors, so we can have make up sex after" Rory said.

Raina scrunched up her face in disgust. "Gross Rory".

"Now, scoot over" Rory said and Raina groaned.

"Seriously?" She said, seeing that she barely had room as it is.

"Yes, now move" Rory said, and Raina let out a string of curses as she moved over on the bed.

Rory hugged her, "Thanks Rainy Bear" he said, using a nickname he'd kept for her since they were little.