| 2 |

The girls went to Ariel's house after school. This was a regular occurance, since her house just became the designated place for the girls to hang out, ever since they were little.

Not to mention, Ariel's mum was a baker, and always over doing it with her measurements on purpose, meaning there were always treats waiting for them.

Sat in front of the tv in the living room, the girls were watching The Little Mermaid.

They always took turn in picking the movies and so it was Ariel's turn to pick.

She didn't like the movie all that much, especially since sharing the name as the titular character always led to her being teased. The only real reason she watched it was because it would get Raina riled up.

"I'm just saying, I think she's stupid" Raina noted, as they were in the middle of the movie, at the part where Ariel decides to make the deal with Ursula, trading her voice for a pair of legs.

Ariel, who was sat on the couch with Rue beside her then questioned Raina, "How?".

She then turned around from her position on the floor in front of the sofa, atop of some pillows.

Raina gave Ariel a look of disbelief, as Rue looked on amused, knowing what was about to happen.

"She gave up a beautiful mermaid tail, for some pale legs. Is she stupid?" Raina questioned both the girls, as if they had any control over what fictional Ariel does.

Rue let out a laugh. "She's a Disney Princess" she stated, and Raina gave her a bored look.

"So?" She questioned.

Raina's favourite movie was Mulan, because that princess was a fighter, and seemed to have bravery and intelligence. She didn't really throw herself on the bed and cry in helplessness, these were Raina's words.

"She did it for love" Ariel then mentioned to Raina, and she grabbed the remote to pause the movie.

Raina then rolled her eyes. "She did it for lust" she scoffed, shaking her head at the decision made by the fictional princess.

This whole debate would come up the every time this movie was played.

Before Ariel could say any words in protest, Raina continued to speak.

"Which just proves she's stupid" she shook her head, before giving the girls a mischievous smile. "Plus how's Ariel gonna spread her legs for him, if she don't have any?" Raina jokes, and Rue and Ariel couldn't help the laugh that came bubbling out of them.

However, the moment didn't last long when Ariel's older brother, Damon, came storming into the room, staring down at Raina.

Raina and Damon had a whole lot of history together, and whenever they seemed to be in a room together, there was always some kind of tension, mostly because the pair couldn't go a minute without being at each other's throats.

Damon was a year older than Ariel, so whilst the girls were in their last year of high school, he was already at college, coming home occasionally and randomly.

"Ariel's not spreading her legs for anyone. She's not a whore like you" Damon glared at Raina.

Whilst the other girl's eyes widened at his cruel words, and looked to Raina, thinking she'd have an expression of hurt but instead, she looked on with an amused expression.

She knew that he had completely misunderstood the context of their conversation, only coming in with Ariel and spreading legs was mentioned, and of course he assumed it was something to do with his little sister.