| 8 |

Mica had texted Raina a couple of days later, wanting to go on a date.

Since he was a nice guy, and she had fun at the party with him, Raina didn't think there was anything wrong with it. Of course there was the Damon aspect of it, but she thought it was just a simple date, not like she was going to jump his bones.

On the date, she was going to be honest, and tell Mica she just wanted to be friends.

Whenever she was with Damon, despite anything they said to each other, he always gave her this feeling.

Raina could never describe it, but it was a damn good feeling. One that she felt with no one else, but him. He was the only guy she had ever been with or wanted to be with.

Raina never knew anything apart from Damon.

She couldn't deny that it was kind of nice getting that message from Mica. She was always so used to being the one to chase Damon, it kind of felt nice having someone chase her for once.

Raina was getting ready at Ariel's, since she needed help with her hair and to borrow clothes, and plus the feeling of getting ready with a friend was different. A friend could always hype her up.

Just as Raina got ready and was about to leave, suddenly her arm was grabbed and she was pulled back.

"Where are you off to?" Damon asked her, looking her outfit up and down.

She had decided to wear a floral play suit, with a denim jacket, something not over the top but not too causal either.

Raina shrugged her arm out of Damon's hold.

"Not that it concerns you, but I have a date" she told him with her chin raised.

She expected Damon to kick off and tell her not to go, but instead he took a step back and nodded.

"Okay" he said with a blank expression on his and Raina looked at him in slight shock.

"Okay? That's it? No smartass comment?" She asked Damon and once again he shrugged.

"Eh, not in the mood" he said, looking unaffected which was a complete surprise.

Raina gave him a curious look. "Okay weirdo" she then replied.

Ariel came down the stairs to give Raina her phone that she nearly forgot.

"Bye babe, I'll let you know how it goes" Raina hugged Ariel.

"Okay. Bye Rain" she said and then Raina was out the door.

Since her car was having trouble, Rue was going to be the one to drop her to the park where Mica had told her to come for the date. It was an open park, with people around, so it felt safe.

***

Raina waited for a while, skimming through Instagram on her phone and hadn't even realised how long had passed. She had been sitting on the park bench for way too long, and felt she was making herself look like a true idiot.

Not wanting to look like an idiot any longer, Raina picked up her phone and called Rue.

"Rue, it's been ages, he hasn't shown up" she said, glancing around the park.

"Damn girl. Did he-...has he stood you up?" Rue asked.

Raina sighed. "Looks like it" she frowned. "Can you pick me up? I think it's gonna rain bad" she said and Rue agreed instantly.

Walking to the place where Rue had dropped her, the weather had really taken a turn for the worst, it was now pouring down and Raina was soaked to the bone.