| 7 |

Friday night, Raina had the great idea to take the girls to a party.

According to her, they all needed let out some steam, whilst they were confused on what steam, they could tell she needed it, so agreed to it.

The party was a house party, hosted by one of Raina's older friends. As soon as they entered through the door, it wasn't long before the girls spotted Kayden talking to James and Tyler.

The girls walked towards them, and as if the boys sensed their presence, their heads turned towards them.

Without even thinking, Ariel went to go stand next to Kayden as he smiled at her. James looked Rue up and down and she smirked at him, whilst Tyler let out an appraising whistle.

"Damn Raina, those legs would look great wrapped around me" Tyler smirked at her

Raina smiled a little too sweetly at him. "They really would-" she said, and the group turned to her confused, "-wrapped around your neck whilst they choke you to death" she then said and everyone nodded, feeling a more normal now.

"What a sweet way to go" Tyler then mused and Raina rolled her eyes at him.

"You look amazing Mermaid" Kayden whispered to Ariel and she couldn't help blush in response, looking down slightly, which earned a chuckle from him.

Whilst a girl pulled Tyler away to dance, James took Rue to get a drink, and both girls were surprised that she accepted his offer without a snarky offer.

Raina was usually the one to stick with Ariel at all parties they went to, but this time she knew that it would be Kayden that was most like going to stay with her.

"You stay with her, at all times. Understood?" Raina warned Kayden and he gave a her a salute.

"Yes Ma'am" he responded.

Before she could say anything else, Ariel saw Damon coming towards them with an unhappy expression which made her take a step away from Kayden, and she could tell he frowned at the distance.

"What are you lot doing here?" Damon asked, standing behind Raina.

She let out an obvious groan, and then turned around. "Ugh, you're like a zit, always popping up" she responded and both Kayden and Ariel nearly laughed at her words.

"What are you doing here Raina?" Damon asked, with a deeper tone.

"Uh it's a party" she pointed out, gesturing to all the people.

"I know that, but why are you here?" He snapped, annoyed by her tone.

Raina rolled her eyes. "I was invited" she said and then pointed around her. "Look around Damon, there are a load of our year here" she said.

"You shouldn't be here" Damon told her and Raina rolled her eyes once more at his words. He then turned to Ariel "Nor should you Ariel" and she gulped at his words.

Damon then pointed towards Kayden. "Wait whose he?" He asked and Ariel's eyes widened.

For some reason she seemed to lose the ability to speak.

"A friend" Raina then said and Ariel mentally thanked her for saving her.

"Yours or Ariel's?" Damon asked darkly.

Raina raised her brow at him, but then just shook her head, knowing that if she provoked him right now, it'd probably turn ugly, so she thought it was better to let it go.

"Just lay off, go have a drink of something, you're being a pain" she waved him off.

"Raina" Damon said in a warning tone.