| 13 |

It was way too late at night for Damon to be outside of Raina's house, but he couldn't help himself. He didn't want to go another day without Raina knowing how sorry he was. He had to say something.

He noticed that her window was left open, wide enough for him to come through.

Part of him was hoping that she'd knowingly kept it open for him, like she knew he'd come for her. But then after the way he'd treated her, he wouldn't be surprised if Raina had left the window for him to come through, only to push him out halfway.

Damon climbed up the tree, and towards the window. The main light of her room was off, but the lamp was on, letting a dim light into the room.

He stepped through the window and into Raina's room.

He looked around and his eyes finally landed on the one he was looking for.

Raina sat on the floor of her room, beside the bed. Her knees were pulled up towards her chest, as she looked blankly ahead.

Damon wasn't even sure if she knew he was in the room with her.

Damon walked towards her, standing in front of her. He crouched down and what he saw nearly broke his heart all over again. Raina's eyes were red and raw, which he immediately recognised were from crying. Her nose and cheeks had a faint pinkish colour to them.

He fell to his knees in front of Raina, placing a hand on top of hers, that rested on her knees.

Raina took in a audible deep breath and closed her eyes.

Damon was thankful that he was at least able to get a reaction out of her. That was something to go on.

"Rain" he said, but got nothing back from her.

"Raindrop" he said once more, but again nothing. 

When he received no answer from her, nothing but another fallen tear, Damon felt the blood in his veins go cold. He could handle her hating him, not loving him anymore, but he wanted to hear her voice. He needed it. He felt selfish in that way. That was the bare minimum that he wanted.

"Please" he pleaded, but got nothing but silence.

Damon then thought that it was best that she didn't say anything, since it meant that he could talk instead. He'd already said so much, but this time, what he had to say was something Raina needed to hear.

"I deserve this silent treatment" then murmured. He took his hand away from hers, and carried on to kneel in front of Raina.

"I deserve worse to be honest, but I'm going to take advantage of this silence to talk, and for you to listen. I know you already listened to all the bullshit I said before, but I just need you to listen one more time" he told her.

Raina gave no clue if she were listening to him, she kept her eyes closed, but Damon just hoped she was.

"I'm so sorry. I am. What I said was...I said some pretty horrific things, I know. You deserved none of it, yet I couldn't stop myself. I've always let my anger get the best of me and tonight I did exactly the same, once again. It's not an excuse and I know that" he began to say, the words now falling off the tip of his tongue.

"You're not wrong when you say that I'm the kind of guy that's a perfect example of kind of guy Ariel should stay away from. I'm not good. Just look at what I did to you. To us". Damon's voice broke in the middle, but he knew he couldn't stop. "When I saw that guy with Ariel, for a moment I saw myself in him and I lost it. She's my baby sister and I just didn't want her to get hurt. So I lashed out at her, at him and worst of all you. I never should've believed that video, but I was insecure" he finally confessed.