| 3 |

The girls were in the hallway, laughing with each other, only their laughter slowly died down when certain someone came down the hallway with a smug smile plastered on his face, walking towards the girls.

"Rue" James smirked at her and she turned to him with her own smile, whilst Raina and Ariel looked on curiously.

"James" she smiled at him. "Find someone to enjoy that heated pool then?" Rue asked in reference to the text that he had sent her the other night, and Raina and Ariel almost laughed, remembering what Rue's reply was to his text last night.

James's smirk wavered for a moment, before it was back. "I did" he nodded and then moved a little closer to her. "Would've been nicer if it was you though" he then whispered, getting close to her.

Raina visibly gagged, whilst Rue just scoffed.

"In your dreams" she replied, taking a step back from him.

"Trust me, it's definitely nicer in my dreams" James then said, taking a step closer to Rue once more.

Rue rolled her eyes at James' comment. "Ugh, I'm off to class" she said, directing it towards Raina and Ariel, ignoring Jame's presence completely. "See you girls later" and with that she was taking steps away from them.

"Let me walk you" James then called out, starting to walk behind her.

"Piss off" Rue replied to him, speeding up her walk.

Raina and Ariel laughed at her actions, especially when they saw James walking to keep up with her.

Raina shook her head at the two, before turning back to Ariel. "I got to go talk to Miss Beck before class" she told her. "I'll see you later".

***

Ariel walked out of her class in a good mood, since she had done well on a test.

She was walking walking towards her locker, when a heavy arm was wrapped around her shoulders startling her, only for a moment before she realised who it was.

Kayden O'Riley, was Mr Popular of the school. James was best friend, and with Tyler, another boy in their year, they were basically the golden boys of the schools.

He had a reputation of a player, but the only constant in his world of girls seemed to be Ariel.

Ariel has had a crush on Kayden for years now, but never had the courage to tell him.

She was always the innocent one, and despite being friends with the popular girls like Raina and Rue, her personality stayed the same. Kayden and her had multiple interactions, some flirty, but it didn't seem romantic in nature, at least not in Ariel's eyes.

"So is it true?" Kayden asked, looking down at her with a quizzical expression as Ariel tried to pry his arm off of her.

Ariel frowned in confusion. "Huh?" Ariel asked, wandering what knew rumour was buzzing about.

There weren't usually any rumours going around about Ariel.

The last one she had heard was that she was adopted, since she was so different from her brother Damon in personality and in looks. It didn't really bother her, she kind of understood it since they were truly very different despite being siblings.

"Is it better?" Kayden asked Ariel, and she held the expression on her face since she had no clue on what he was talking about.

"What are you talking about Kayden?" Ariel asked him, and his curious face then morphed into his usual smirking one.