| 16 |

Days had passed and Raina still remained in a coma. Her injuries weren't all too severe and she could even be considered fortunate. She'd suffered from a head trauma, a broken leg, sprained wrist, bruised ribs and other cuts and smaller wounds across her body. The impact of the accident had not been on her side, and for that, she was lucky.

Everyday, Raina had visitors in her room. All wanting her to wake up, resorting to begging and pleading. They were scared.

The doctors had told Raina's parents that she was out danger, however, the shock of the accident and the trauma was too much for her body to cope with. She had to be put into a medically induced coma, in order to recover. She'd wake up, but it would only be when she was ready.

Damon was at Raina's beside the exact moment when visitors were allowed to come in, and he stayed there until he was no longer allowed to. He carried on to repeat this as the days went by. Raina's parents could see how much he cared for her, and they never objected to him being there for Raina. They could tell he needed it.

Ariel and the others would come to visit after school. They didn't even want to go school at that point, but Damon and Raina's parents made them understand that there wasn't much they could do at the hospital either. At least with them going to school, it would provide as form of distraction for them.

Ariel would come and read to Raina. Rue would come, and update her on all that was happening both in school and in the world. She informed her on all things that were trending on social media. Kayden, James and Tyler would come to share stories. They were told that Raina could hear them, so they tried to make her laugh, despite the fact that she was in a coma.

They all had signed the cast on Raina's leg. Her cast was filled with messages, names, drawings and even poems. Damon's college mates had even come to see Raina and to support Damon. Rory and Kit had also dropped by, bringing with them a giant, get well soon teddy and balloons. They didn't like to see their Raina like this, but knew she'd wake up soon. Rory was convinced if he'd call her Rainy bear enough times, she'd wake up, purely to smack him.

Another day at the hospital and Damon sat at Raina's bedside. He held her hand within his, rubbing his thumb over the back of her hand. Her skin feeling both cold and soft against his rougher hands.

Everyday he'd come into the hospital, flowers in his hands, praying that when he'd walk in, he'd see Raina smiling at him. But everyday, he was left disappointed.

He had to walk in and see her small body, hooked up to machines and wires. She looked so fragile, barely recognisable as the strong and feisty girl she usually was. Instead of her laughter filling the room like it'd normally do, it was the sound of the heart monitor that was echoing throughout.

"Raina, you need to wake up now okay? You need to wake the fück up. I'm serious," Damon told her sternly, finding that he was losing patience with her, himself and everything in between.

He gently squeezed her hand. "You're not allowed to be like this, all calm and quiet. You can't be. You're like a spitfire, you can't be like this," he said to her.

All memories that Damon had of Raina, all them had her being loud, fiery, feisty and stubborn. None of them was Raina like this.

Deathly quiet. That wasn't his Raina.

"I need you to wake up. I need you to fight with me, drive me crazy, make me want to rip my hair out, because only you can, okay? Only you can make me feel that way, and I want you make me feel like that. I need you to." Damon could feel the tears in his eyes but he held them back. There was pain in his throat, but he wasn't going to let that stop him because if she could hear him, then he'd continue to talk.