| 4 |

Raina and Rue were still adamant that following through with the bet was a bad idea, and made sure to tell Ariel as well, who was still trying to convince them otherwise.

She knew despite Kayden's ways, he was still a good guy at heart. He wouldn't take advantage of the bet and try anything that would make her feel uncomfortable in that sort of way.

Also, Raina made it perfectly clear to Kayden that if he were to try something, he'd regret it.

Raina, Rue and Ariel were at lunch, sitting together at their usual table. Things were normal, until they heard a voice.

"There she is, my little mermaid" Kayden cooed, as he took a seat next to Ariel, with James taking a seat next to Rue, and Tyler, Kayden's other friend, forced himself into the slight gap between James and Raina.

"What are you guys doing here?" Raina asked the three boys, who just casually sat at their table like this was normal.

"Yeah, don't you sit over on that table?" Rue pointed at the table they usually sat at.

James leaned towards her a little. "You know what table we sit on? I'm flattered doll-face" he said to her, with a smirk, but Rue wasn't having it.

"Call me that again, and this fork goes into your hand" she threatened him and the seriousness in her tone and on her face made him back off.

"I'm here to sit with my girl obviously" Kayden then said, bumping Ariel's shoulder slightly and answering Raina's previous question.

She felt her cheeks get warm at the affectionate name.

Raina raised a brow at him. "Your girl?" She asked, whilst he nodded.

"I thought Marissa was your girl?" Rue asked.

Kayden then shook his head. "Marissa isn't my girl, Ariel is" Kayden said in a playful voice, and he booped her nose.

Raina then fake gagged. "I think I'm gonna throw up" she then muttered and Rue mirrored her expression. "You and me both" she said.

"We've got to spend some time together Ariel to get to know each other" Kayden then told her, and just the thought of spending time alone with him was causing Ariel to feel more flustered.

"I know you plenty" she said, trying to get out of spending extra time with him.

He then opened his mouth to reply to her, instead another voice interrupted him.

"Kayden baby, what are you doing here, with her?" Marissa asked him, whilst staring Ariel down.

Marissa was another well known girl in the school, her red hair full of volume and long legs making any other girl envious of her looks. Unfortunately, her personality wasn't as nice as she looked.

Kayden shrugged at her question, giving her a bored look. "I'm eating lunch with Ariel" he stated, as if it weren't already obvious.

"Yeah but why?" Marissa then whined.

Kayden turned to look at her. "Oh I'm sorry, I've needed to give you explanations since when?" He asked and this took Marissa by surprise.

It took everyone at the table by surprise.

"You don't but-" Marissa started to say, instead, Kayden cut her off.

"But?" He questioned her, and this seemed to have stopped her talking, not having an actual response to his question.

Marissa stood there for a moment, looking between Kayden and Ariel, mostly glaring at her, before Raina then sighed. "I think this is where you leave" she told Marissa, who huffed in response and stomped away.