| 5 |

Bit of a long chapter, brace yourself...

***

When the weekend came, Raina decided that it'd be fun for the girls to go to the beach, since the weather was great and she felt they deserved a little break from endless studying and should be doing a little more chilling.

Another motivation for Raina to visit the beach, beside the sun shining, was because she wanted some stress relief, the cause of the stress being Damon of course.

Unfortunately for her, he was also planning to come to the beach, just not with the girls though.

Raina, Rue and Ariel drove to the beach, and it seemed like a lot of other people were also intending on catching some rays, as the beach was nearly crowded.

Walking across the sandy surface, they managed to find an empty space.

"This spot?" Ariel asked, and the girls nodded.

"Yeah, here's good" Raina replied, dropping down her beach bag, as Rue and Ariel did the same.

"I seriously needed this" Raina then said, as she helped Rue place the cooler and snacks on the sand.

Ariel then looked at her curiously. "Why?"

"Because your brother drives me mental" Raina replied and Ariel couldn't help but giggle, as did Rue. "He's just so hot and cold, like one minute he wants me, the next, he's pushing me away and it's fücking frustrating" Raina groaned, taking a seat on the sand next to the girls.

Whenever Raina found herself being around Damon, she felt herself longing for him to just look at her, and want her. At some points, she caught him looking at her with a similar sort of expression, but then, as if someone had thrown ice-cold water on him, Damon would revert back to his usual self.

Rue and Ariel then looked towards each other, and then back at Raina. "You know he's coming here too?" Rue reminded her and she let out a groan once more.

"I know. With his dumbass friends. But just why?" She then said, wanting to just relax.

Rue looked at her confused. "Don't you want him to?" She asked, thinking that Raina would want to be near Damon.

The relationship between Raina and Damon was a difficult one, with the pair not being able to stay away from each other, but each of them complaining at times when they did had to be near each other.

Raina had a theory that if she would try reverse psychology on Damon, and make him think that she didn't want him near, then he would come closer.

That worked sometimes, and then other times, he'd run far away.

"I mostly have two moods with your brother, I want to strangle him or I want smack him" Raina replied, as she rubbed some sun cream on herself.

"Aren't those the same?" Ariel asked her, confused.

Raina smiled at her, "Yup". Her answer then causing the girls to shake their heads.

The girls settled in their spot, basking in the warm sunlight until it was suddenly blocked and looking up, they saw the reason for this.

"My little mermaid at the beach, isn't this funny" Kayden said with an amused smile on his face.

Kayden wore a loose, blue vest top with some shorts, showing off his toned arms and legs.

Ariel wasn't exactly sure if it was the sun doing this, but the way the light was radiating on him, it made him look even more attractive and she felt hotter.