| 14 |

Damon had stayed true to his word, and let Kayden come over for dinner a couple of days later.

Things were initially awkward, with Damon glaring at Kayden throughout the night, and looking murderous whenever Ariel and Kayden looked a little too cosy for his liking.

He accepted Kayden to be a good guy, and wasn't as opposed for Ariel and him to be together. Damon still had his rules in place, but he was trying to get better at staying calm when seeing them together.

Ariel, Kayden, Rue and James were having dinner together at a restaurant, marking the first time that the couples were official to one another.

"I seriously cannot believe that we're on a double date right now," Ariel gushed as the four sat down together.

Rue then mirrored her smile. "I know me either".

Kayden then looked between Rue and James. "When exactly did this happen?" he asked, since no one was actually in on how the pair actually got together.

Ariel also looked to the new couple. "I knew there was something going on since that party. I saw the look you were giving each other," she mentioned.

At that part, the whole group noticed the way that Rue and James were no longer bickering, but instead were actually getting along. It was clear to them that something was going on, but they decided not to pry, and instead when something was happening, they knew they'd find out eventually.

"I just didn't want to say anything," Rue then said. "At least not until I knew this was real".

Ariel then nodded, understanding what Rue meant. "And is it? Real, I mean?" She asked cautiously.

Rue and James looked at one another, with matching smiles on their faces. "Yeah, it is," Rue then said.

James wrapped his arm around Rue's shoulders. "I'm officially a one-woman man. No one else, but Rue".

Rue then snorted. "You better be".

"So how did this happen?" Kayden asked. It was a question both Ariel and him wanted answered.

Rue and James looked at each other, and Rue gave him a nod, letting James be the one to start the story.

James then cleared his throat. "So, after that day at the beach..." he started, but Kayden interrupted him soon after.

"Since then!?" He exclaimed, but James shot him a glare.

"Do you want to hear the story or not?" He snapped.

Rue rolled her eyes at the two, and instead looked to Ariel, who resembled an excited child awaiting story time.

"I was so mad at James after that day at the beach, when he was so blatantly flirting with other girls right in front of me, so I took it upon myself to mess with him" she continued the story, and both the boys' attention was on her.

James then let out a chuckle at the memory. "Yeah, she walked up to where I was with another girl, and said, 'hey James, it's nice to see to you up and about again. I guess you were given the all clear after that STI'".

Ariel nearly choked on her drink. "Oh my God. You didn't", she said in disbelief.

Rue grinned. "I did".

Kayden laughed at that, finding it hilarious. "That's the best thing I've ever heard. How did I not know this?" He asked.

They were are at the beach together, and even came back together, yet this was the first time that Kayden was hearing about this.