| 1 |

"Hey Raina, love the shorts" a girl complimented Raina as she walked by them.

In return, she thanked the girl as she walked past her, offering her, her usual glimmering smile.

At high-school, Raina could be described as the "it-girl'.

Not the archetypal one, that was a complete bitch or rained hell on everyone beneath her type.

No, Raina was actually the kind of girl that was friends with everyone, and that everyone wanted to be friends with her, aside from the few that envied her, but that came with even the minor bit of popularity.

She was kind of girl you would do a double-take for.

Her long brown hair, cascaded down her back in waves. She had a tanned complexion, making her hazel eyes look all the more lighter. Raina wasn't supermodel good-looking, but her confidence made it seem like she was.

Being popular does come with its' disadvantages, with people not liking you being at the top, but that wasn't really something that Raina concerned herself with. She couldn't care less about people's opinions of her.

Only the ones that meant something to her, were the ones that she genuinely cared for.

Being at the top of the social hierarchy at school, came with a certain kind of power, which meant she could call those out who deserved it.

Someone a lot like Gael Barton, when he tried to berate a Fiona Keplar for wearing a crop top because in his eyes, she didn't have the 'figure' for it.

Another thing about Raina was that at times she could have no filter. It could be early in the morning and that wouldn't deter her from yelling or swearing.

Although she was one of those friends that would tell you the truth, to your face. She was real.

Raina walked through the hallway, and towards her two best friends, Rue and Ariel.

The three had met in kindergarten, basically when they were babies. The three became friends with each other there.

It all started when Ariel was playing with building blocks, making some kind of unconventional castle, and then some kid knocked it over with his truck, laughing in the process.

Raina was there, and saw what happened. Straight away, she leapt to her feel, and was scolding the guy like she was his mother, and took his truck away, making the boy cry. She wouldn't give it back to him, until he gave Ariel a proper apology. Raina and Ariel became instant friends.

They became friends with Rue, when she was trying to recreate the castle that Ariel was working on. She was never asked to do it, but was doing it anyway. Rue then gave Ariel as smile and a hug, and somehow it became impossible to not be friends with her as well.

The three of them became inseparable to this day. Like a little family of their own.

Out of the three, Rue was the athletic one, an avid swimmer, with a swimmer's body. Guys would always hit on her, but Rue wouldn't give them the time of day, unless they actually seemed genuine.

Her dark complexion was absolutely flawless, literally not a pore visible. She had blue eyes, which stood out against her skin tone. Rue often kept her hair in some form of braids, since it made it easier for swimming, other times, she'd let it out.

Ariel was more of the innocent one. She was definitely more shy than the other two, and would be classed as a good girl. Her grades were always high, teachers loved her, and basically a model student.

Despite sharing the same name as the Disney Princess, there weren't many similarities between them, however Ariel did have strawberry-blonde hair and green eyes, with a pale-complexion.