The Diablos Dragon

"All of this time, all of this hatred.. So much hatred..." A voice echoed throughout the dimensional gap, it had no form, for it was too weak to have a form, it only remained a voice.

"I.. I hate..."
Inside of a lab, there laid a boy with a brown hair, way too long to a point where it became knotted and unkempt, his body an average build but his ribcage was showing, the boy was malnourished but being kept alive, for what purpose?

"Well well well.. You're finally awake, test subject sixteen." A voice carried throughout the lab, a tall man with an above average build, he was built like a truck, test subject sixteen.. Was me. "How about we try this one more time, maybe we can reach the level we need you to be." The man's name was Vernal, he wore glasses and had a blank look on his face, bodies were strewn about the cell I was in, the last fifteen test subjects, a part of The Diablos Trials, he wouldn't smirk or grin, or even smile because he was never proud of the results he was given, I looked up at this man... Vernal, with sheer hatred in my eyes, I felt so many emotions and if I could... I would rip Vernal in half with my own bare hands.

"What is this.. This feeling?" The voice in the dimensional gap said to itself as it stared off into the distance, a glow just within reach as it began to reach towards said light.

Vernal flipped a switch and suddenly a helmet was on my head, he pressed a button as my body began to tighten, screams of pain and rage escaping me as I was shocked to life, the screams only getting louder and more fierce as the voice got closer to the light, "what do you hate most in this world? Tell me!" Vernal stomped his foot as I kept screaming, my fists clenched as I tried to speak between the shocks, "I... I..."

The voice got close enough to reach the light as suddenly it was staring Vernal in the face. "I hate..." I whispered as my teeth clenched hard enough that I thought they would shatter, an orange glow coming from my chest. "I... Hate."

Vernal grinned as he cranked up the intensity of the shocks, "WHO DO YOU HATE!?" He demanded an answer as my eyes opened wide and I answered.

"I HATE YOU! I'LL FUCKING KILL YOU WITH MY OWN TWO HANDS YOU HEAR ME!?" I screamed as loud as I could as the light got as bright as it could, "I HATE YOU!!" I screamed again as the helmet exploded, everything exploded around me as smoke covered me, Vernal covered his face as the dust cleared, I was breathing heavily as I began to look around.

"It worked.. I found someone.. Who matches my hatred..." My eyes were bright orange as I stared at Vernal, the voice taking over every part of my body, the explosions created a hole in the wall as the voice made me run through the hole, Vernal froze for a moment before speaking, "capture him! Make sure he is alive! I repeat, ensure the host of Diablos is kept alive!"

Dozens of guards armed up and grabbed multiple weapons made of light which made sense because well, I was a devi, alarms blared as I ran through the forest, and I had no idea where I was going, this strange voice in my head telling me directions like left and right, and go straight, all I could realize was that I had escaped from that horrid place.

"So we're on the hunt for a stray devil?" A boy by the name of Issei had asked a red haired girl who turned around and nodded, the key word is they were on the hunt until they could  hear footsteps and screaming, it was me as I tripped over a branch, Issei and his group stared at me as I tried to scoot myself back. Guards pointing holy weapons at me as I stared on in fear.

"Get away.. Please.. Get away...!" I scooted back as the guards got closer, one of them holding a pair of special handcuffs, I closed my eyes and the moment I opened them they shined a bright orange, "I said.. GET AWAY!" I screamed as the orange light got brighter, and actually took physical form, exploding and sending both the guards and the group of teenagers back, the guards had been knocked unconscious save for one, who was super committed to his job and lunged at me as I shut my eyes, suddenly lightning came down from the sky and fried the guard, literally.

"My my, those men were certainly relentless." a black haired girl with purple eyes stepped forth and slowly approached me, the aura was coming back as I scooted away from her out of fear, I was terrified for all the wrong reasons, and the right reasons, I shut my eyes expecting the worse when I felt this warmth surround me, I opened my eyes slowly to see that the girl had wrapped her arms around me, she buried her admittedly huge chest in my face as a way of calming me down, she then slowly and carefully stroked my knotted hair and for the first time.. I felt calm.. Safe. I broke down in tears, soaking the girl's shirt as she caressed my head, soothing me until I eventually calmed down.

''Psst, kid.''
I was in my own mind and a voice was talking to me, suddenly a large black dragon with orange eyes was staring right at me in my dreams, I froze, I couldn't do anything.. Couldn't run, couldn't scream couldn't do anything.. Just stare at this dragon in fear. "No need to look so tense kid, we're on the same side." The Dragon grinned I think, and looked at me, "my name is Ryuuk, I am.. The Diablos dragon and you are? Because if we're going to be working together I need to know your name."

"It's.. I don't have a name..." Ryuuk vanished almost instantly as I was woken up, a loud gasp and a yell escaping me as I began to breathe heavily, my head felt so soft, and then I met with those purple eyes again, "my my.. You certainly are a heavy sleeper boy.." She lightly stroked my hair again as I slowly raised my head, "what.. What happened?" The girl just chuckled as she helped me up, "come on. Rias will explain everything to you." She brought me outside of the room and into what looked like a living room with Issei, a blonde boy, a white haired girl and a red haired girl.

"I see you've finally woken up, now the first thing I will ask is, what's your name?" I grunted slightly and held my head, "I don't.. I don't have one." The red haired girl, Rias stared at me before showing me a gentle smile, "well then what about this, what do you wish to be called." I don't know why I said what I said but the name popped into my head. "Call me Hiro, Hiro Odachi."