Big brother

Koneko was walking towards the school as a familiar voice called out, "yo! Koneko!" Her eyes immediately focused on the source of the voice, it was the admittedly progressively big Hiro, it seems that after one month that Hiro was definitely beefing up, his body looked like that of a bodybuilder, well almost but that was what he was working towards.

"Whaddya want?" Koneko held her straps of her bag tightly as Akeno and Merith followed behind me, "well we're heading to the same place so let's head there together." Akeno suggested as Koneko begrudgingly nodded and walked with us, well more like she kept a distance but still followed me, it was like she was a stray kitten following someone but trying not to be spotted.

"Rias filled me in about what happened yesterday, you really are an idiot aren't you? Picking fights with not one but three angels, especially one with a Holy Sword." Koneko scolded me as I laughed nervously, it wasn't like I wanted to fight them, they picked a fight with me!

Koneko wasn't mad when she scolded me, if anything it was like she was concerned for my safety, much like Merith and Akeno as we headed to the academy, wandering eyes staring at me and me alone, probably because I used to be all skin and bones and had trouble walking but now I'm all beefed up and even a bit taller, Akeno went up the stairs to her classroom because we were separated by a year and the same with Koneko, leaving me and Merith as we headed to our class, joining Issei and Asia who immediately looked at me with kind eyes as I sat down, "how are you recovering?" Asia asked as she leaned forward.

I cracked my shoulder by rotating it before nodding, "like I'm brand new."

'That's also thanks to me, I repaired your body while you were unconscious. Had I not you'd probably be dead and that means that I'd be getting sent back to that fucking gap between the dimensions!' Ryuuk was shouting in my mind as I let out a laugh, honestly I was grateful to Ryuuk, he saved my life twice now, and just this once.. I'd like to return the favor...

During class I had this feeling, like someone had been watching over me, it was nonexistent before but now it felt like someone was staring at the back of my head, I constantly looked over my shoulder as Issei looked at me with a confused look on his face, "you paranoid or something dude?" Even Ddraig was confused as I shook my head, "no.. Just this odd feeling but I'm sure it'll go away." Spoiler alert, the feeling didn't go away, it NEVER.. Went away.

When classes ended I had begun training again, but this time by myself as everyone had something to do, and Merith said she had a surprise for me when I got home. I was in the middle of doing pushups when I saw a pair of tiny feet, holding myself up in a plank position as I lifted my head up to see Koneko.

"Training by yourself this time?" She seemed less hostile then when I first met her, seeing as I hadn't turned out like Issei was a relief for her.

"Yeah, the training never stops, that fight opened my eyes a little, it meant that while I have Ryuuk by my side, and we can apparently do so much together, what if I lost him? I need to be strong enough on my own."

Koneko's heart clenched slightly as she stayed right there, then decided to train with me, she felt this attraction towards me, not a romantic one but one that she felt like she needed to be beside me at all times, like a guard dog.

"Hey Koneko? I have a question." We were both covered in sweat as she stared at me.

"What's up?" She placed her hand on her hip and waited for my question.

"Well.. I said that I needed to get stronger in case I lose Ryuuk or something happens."

'That'll never happen, I'm permanently stuck to your soul, even if you were to die I'd be trapped in your body and therefore be sent to the Dimensional Gap until you called for me or you were brought back to life.'