The Frozen Pawn

Everyone walked back towards the hot springs, everyone was skeptical about how Anne was acting very close to Hiro, her arm was always around him and she always wore a grin on her face, what exactly was her motive? There was also the fact that she literally looked like a science experiment what with the literal appearance of a human with cat-like features.

"You're real popular here Hiro, by now everyone in the underworld has heard about the release of the Bastard Dragon, and there's a few people who've put a price on your head because they don't want a repeat of what happened all those years ago." Anne spoke as her grip around me tightened, almost like she was trying to protect me.

"Let them come, there's no way I'm letting some.. Some bounty hunter hurt him." Xenovia's hands clenched when she heard what Anne had said, yet there was no anger, just a determined look to make sure no harm came to me.

"I'll skewer and skin whoever even THINKS it's a good idea to go after mah boi, and that's if he doesn't destroy them on the spot." Merith had summoned her lance and held it, prepared for any sort of attack an unknown enemy was going to perform on us.

"Like that'll ever happen, unless they have a death wish they'll stay away from Hiro, for their sake." Koneko had this.. Sensation coming off of her, despite her small size she was incredibly strong, and she'd pound any enemy into the dirt.

'You hear that kid? Seems like we're gonna have some company soon, so we should be prepared for anything.'
Ryuuk said as I nodded and slammed my fist into my palm and opened my mouth.

"I'll do what I can, whatever I can to protect myself and everyone." There was determination in my voice but also a hint of doubt, I needed to be stronger.. What if these guys were as strong as if not stronger than Vernal?
Vernal... His name entered my mind again as I clenched my fists, the samw heat as before coming off of me for a second before I calmed down.

"Welcome back, did you find something liked Hiro?" Rias was laying back but the moment Anne stepped into view her eyes shifted and she jumped back, magic coming off of her hands.

Akeno saw Rias react and lightning began to crackle between her fingers, a smile on her face. "How bold of you, to hold my Hiro hostage knowing full well the consequences." Akeno had a sinister smile on her face as she pointed at Anne.

Issei raised his hand and shouted, "Boosted Gear!" His gauntlet appeared as he prepared to fight. "What the hell are you doing with him? You one of his allies trying to kill Hiro?"

The three of them were cautious, and rightfully so, a person they've never met, holding onto someone they all cared about deeply.

Kiba was wielding his sword which was pointed at Anne and Asia was hiding, she had little to no combat experience so it made sense.

"Whoa guys! Relax! She's not an enemy I promise!" I shouted in an attempt to not get blasted, skewered and struck by lightning.

Anne let go of me and stepped forward, "I'm not here to fight but if you all insist on trying..." A current ran through Anne's body as she bulked up and became.. More like a beast. "Then be my guest." The air around Anne was threatening, menacing even as she stared at them.

With the combination of me trying to clear Anne's name of something she didn't do and the rest of club in a standoff with her, Rias calmed down but still wore her look of suspicion. "Explain yourself then."

Anne let out a sarcastic laugh, as if to mock Rias before explaining her case, "I'm here to see and work with him, that's all. And to prepare him for what's to come."

"And what exactly is to come?" Rias questioned as she placed her arms firmly across her chest.

"Bounty hunter's, people who want Hiro dead because of what's inside of him." Anne bluntly spoke as her body returned to its normal size, or at least what was normal for her.