The Resolve to Win

Merith went immediately to the room that the tournament had set up for us, she needed to see someone, someone incredibly important to her, someone she could just lean into and relax, her boi.

"Merith.." I softly spoke as she remained silent, just walking towards me and letting her legs go limp, her head landing into my chest as she just sighed, like a massive weight off of her chest had just been lifted.

"That bitch!" Evan shoved a table over as he clung to his now only daughter, who was clinging onto her life. "I'll kill her myself..! Actually..."

There was a report on me again, that same weird guy who made the paper, "I'll take the one thing that matters to her the most."

It seems that through her release.. A target was placed on my back.

"Ah come here ya little brutalizer." Anne was there too as she pulled Merith in close with one of her hands, holding her close to her chest which caused her to blush. "That was an impressive level of a beatdown, and based on your face, you don't regret it one bit."

Merith nodded slowly, a smile slowly appearing.

"Merith!" Kanna burst through the room, "you're not hurt or anything are you!?"

Merith shook her head, she came out of that fight with surprisingly little to no injuries.

"Even if you're at a hundred percent, you should still rest." Xenovia chimed in as everyone nodded.

"Then if that's the case..." Merith immediately lunged towards me and clung to my side, "I'm resting with mah boi."

A small chuckle escaped me, it was good to see her in such high spirits again, especially after that.

"There are three fights left until the Cross family's team is reduced to nothing." Akira spoke, he was quiet for a while, "then we'll be on the same grounds as Rias and the others." Akira then turned to me and Merith, "then in the future we'll have to fight them, in a sanctioned match where pieces fight their respective pieces."

Merith and I looked down, we knew that, and in that moment I remembered the promise I made with Issei, that if we were to fight it would be on equal grounds and opponents, and not enemies.

"That also means that Bishops won't be able to fight, despite the fact that ours are kickass fighters, they've been relegated to a support role and nothing more in official matches, but at least with this fight we get to see them flex their skills." Anne spoke as she slammed her fist against her chest softly.

Akira and Kanna felt that part but smiled nonetheless, after all there would be plenty of opportunities where they could show off their support skills.

"The next fight is.. Blake and Leon versus Achilles and Ulysses, the twin knights of the Cross Household." Kanna spoke, she had initial fears because if we won this round, this meant that she would be fighting Tamara and Evan in the final round, and all they could do was try and knock out one of them to make the final fight easier for the ones that posed a threat to Evan.

The next day came rather fast.. And the rest of us were watching the introductions on the monitor.

"Can I... Really do this?" Blake questioned herself, after all she had almost no control over her two Sacred Gears, they had a mind of their own.

'Don't worry child.' Celeste spoke, her voice tensed up slightly, she was nervous too.

'We'll fuck em up real nice!' Luun shouted with esctacy, she was pumped to finally show off her power, pure confidence coming off of her, either that or pure cockiness.