Boost Forward

Ever since yesterday I've been wondering, what exactly did he mean that we would start growing soon? Well as it turns out I wouldn't have to wait long to figure that one out.

There was a knock on the door as I was awoken from my sleep, Akeno had her arms wrapped snuggly against me, her boobs a pillow for my head as I managed to slowly sneak my way out of hers and Merith's grip to answer the door, it was Issei. "Let's go, we gotta talk." He gestured to the outside as I nodded and left the room, Akeno cuddling a pillow in my stead.

"Look, about yesterday.." Issei had this kind of downtrodden look on his face, "I'm sorry about snapping yesterday, I talked to Rias about it and she said that while she was serious about her threats that you weren't at fault for demanding answers. Especially ones that are that important to you."

I listened to Issei talk as I nodded, Ryuuk appearing in my mind again, 'holy shit. He's not a complete dick like Ddraig is.'

'I heard that Ryuuk.'

Ddraig was listening in on our conversation as he took the chance to finally speak to me.

'Look, I know this path was set in stone for you the moment that Ryuuk became your.. Partner but just as Rias said, if you cross any lines. I won't hesitate to kill you either'

I clenched my fist slightly, Rias and now Ddraig were treating me like such a bastard, just because of my partner.

'Hey dick! If you try and kill him, I won't hesitate to kill you and your partner. I can't afford to go back into that place, not when I found myself a compatible partner like him.' Ryuuk was acting kind of different, almost.. Defensive of me, honestly it made me smile a little, even if the air was a.. Bit hostile.

Issei stood up and held out his hand, "despite our Sacred Gear's past, let's do our best to overcome that and become friends alright, Hiro?"

I nodded and showed him a slight smile, grabbing his hand as he pulled me to my feet, "the others will be awake soon, so let's head back before they worry."

I nodded once more as we went our separate ways, me to Akeno and Merith and him to Rias and Asia.

I did my typical routine until it was time for another meeting at the club.

"This time we won't be talking about contracts, but we have a hunt to go on, a Stray Devil has been spotted in the area, killing humans and other creatures of the like, Hiro and Merith I'd.. Like you two to accompany us on this, since you two are devil by blood so this might be good for you two to learn how a team works and how they fight." Rias said as she stood up, everyone else followed as we entered the forest.

Flashes went through my mind of the compound as we went through the forest, Kiba was the one to sense my shivers and fear as he rested a hand on my shoulder, not saying a word, but instead showing me a calm and collected smile which definitely eased me a little.

"It's here." Rias got into a stance and so did everyone, Kiba drawing his sword, Koneko pulling her fists up like a boxer, Akeno changed into a kimono, lightning crackling around her fingers and Issei summoning Ddraig in the form of a red gauntlet.

"Ryuuk, let's help too." I said to myself as Ryuuk grinned and I raised my hands, summoning those two swords, Merith saw me getting ready to fight and summoned her lance: The Tower.

"This feeling-! There's-" Rias abruptly said as she snapped behind her, a second Stray Devil appearing, they surrounded us from our front and back as I stepped forward, facing the new Stray.

"Merith and I will handle this one, you guys focus on that one." Rias was shocked at the sudden calmness inside of me but nodded, despite grumbling a little as they engaged with their target.