King Vs. Queen

The day had finally come, the final match in the placement matches, the only one left to beat out of the whole Cross family was the King: Evan Cross.

The arena staff were still trying to figure out who would face him in the final round when suddenly the intercom was invaded, Evan's vocal practices filling every room, it sounded like a pigeon...

"I'd like to make a formal request for the final round, please allow my opponent to be none other than Hiro Odachi."

That sentence rang through our ears, sure I had been fully healed by Kanna but I was still tired physically and emotionally from that fight with Shinji.

"That bastard, is he a fool to ask for him? After that display?" Xenovia spoke through her teeth, Merith nodding her head.

"I thought that would scare him, but he's really that cold huh?" Merith spoke, anger filling her mind, she knew exactly why he wanted to face me, she was just surprised that he didn't pick her.

The staff had no idea what to say, nor could they say anything as Evan had tipped them, literally tipping the scales of the battle.

"I've got no choice do I?" My voice was low, due to exhaustion and anger yet again, I couldn't stand it..!

Merith placed her hand on my shoulder, "I'm afraid so.. But we need to beat him, and even you know that you're our best shot at winning."

I nodded slowly, those words of confidence did make me nod as I stood up. "Come on Ryuuk, we've got another fight to win."

'I'm with you kid, we'll pound this fucker into the cement.' Ryuuk's words got a reaction out of Luun and Celeste, a silent but positive one.

I walked towards the arena with my hands clenched at my sides, a permanent glare strapped to my face as the light pierced my eyes.

"This is dangerous.. Hiro hasn't even had a chance to rest yet.." Asia spoke, her hand covering her mouth and fear filling her eyes.

"He'll be fine, right?" Kiba spoke, his hands clenched at his sides.

"This is the most jacked guy I've ever met! Surely he can overcome this kinda challenge! Although it'll be hard.. Given he hasn't been able to rest since Shinji." Issei spoke, he tried to show confidence but he was scared.

'All we can do is hope that Hiro overcomes this next barrier in his way.' Ddraig spoke, his demeanor turning into more of a positive one about me.

"Come on Hiro.. You've got this..." Rias spoke, she was biting her lip in anticipation, or out of fear.

Sairaorg was staring at me, a blank stare, he knew there was something to me, something powerful.

"I'd like to personally welcome you all to what could be the finals of this Rating Game!" The announcer shouted as the crowd went wild, they had seen so much, and this was gearing up to be one of the most hyped matches, people were even placing bets on who would win.

"In this corner we've got the boy who's destroyed everything in his path, and has a serious anger issue, give it up for.. Hiro Odachi!" The announcer spoke as I stepped forward.

Anxiety filled my mind as I reached the end of the line, staring at the crowd, their cheers filling my ears.

"And in this corner we've got the sole victor of the Cross household, give up for.. Evan Cross!"

Evan walked quickly towards the arena, he walked with purpose, a purpose to destroy something, his glare embedded in my mind now.

"And.. Begin!"