The Will of Dragons

The three angels hopped backwards when they realized how serious I was when I lunged at them, everything stopped as the first angel removed his hood.

"Perhaps introductions are in order before we battle, my name is Claudius." Claudius had short white hair and red eyes, a rather tall figure and a spear for his weapon.

"My name is Nero." The second angel removed his hood, Nero had long black hair and golden eyes, a medium figure and a long sword for his weapon.

The last angel slowly removed her hood, her legs shifting together, "and my name.. My name is... Lily." She shyly looked at me, like there was this air of familiarity between us, she had white hair and amber eyes, and she wielded a sword too, but this one was different.. She was a part of the holy sword project, a wielder of a holy sword.

I clenched my swords, marks appearing on my palms as Merith stared at me, worry washing over her because she thought I was about to have an episode, in reality all I could see was red.

"Vernal asked us to bring you in one piece, but he didn't say anything about us getting a few licks in before we cap you. Lily, go." Claudius tilted his head as Lily's shy exterior was obliterated, in its place was this wide grin and sharp eyes as she lunged at me.

I let out a scream of anger as I charged her, our blades clashing as we were placed at a stalemate, no one being able to push each other back, my vision was still red with rage and Lily was still grinning like a maniac, "kill..."

Lily stared at me with this look of confusion, she wasn't confused about how I was acting as she was already briefed by Vernal that she can expect the ferocity of a wild animal when facing me, she kept reaching her leg towards mine and trying to sweep me, which I wouldn't budge from, I was standing my ground and it looked like two dragons locked in combat.

"Alright he's focused on her, which means I'm stuck with you two fuckwits." Merith waved her lance around and a bright red circle appeared in front of her, when the circle was done materializing she thrust her lance forward and into the circle which caused a ray of fire to shoot into Nero, sending him flying into a tree.

"Well I'll admit, you're pretty good with that lance of yours." Claudius spun his spear around before pointing the tip at Merith and charging her, Merith had no hatred in her eyes, more a look of annoyance that someone had the balls to interrupt her time with her boi. Claudius had a typical warrior's stare, one that could break a typical persinstut Merith wasn't a typical person, far from it. "So, this is the power of the useless heiress."

Claudius grinned, his tactics were always the same, insult his opponent so that they're thrown into a blind rage and attack wildly, he went for a stab with the confidence that it would connect.

But it didn't, and instead Merith caught it with a magic circle that was surrounding her hand, her eyes were closed, no doubt she felt rage but Merith was a bit more elegant with her rage than her boi. She raised her hand and knocked Claudius' spear into the air. She took this chance to toss her lance up and leap into the air, spinning like a dancer before bringing her heel right into the end piece of her lance, striking it with such a force that it went flying and slashed part of Claudius' cheek off.

Claudius recoiled and held his now scarred face which hilariously he held in high regard up until this moment, "you bitch! You scarred my face!"

Merith chuckled before landing, her lance landing in her hands as Claudius began to cower, like a wounded animal. He was backing up until he hit a tree, the same tree that Nero was unconscious under.

"I gotta admit! You're like a tree Hiro-Kun! Like always!" Lily was still trying to push me as I began to scream, it was almost as if I lost all sense of myself and the only thing I could think of was trying to kill this girl because of her relation to Vernal. Not once did the thought of how she knew who I was. Eventually I gained the strength to toss her back, she landed like a ballerina as I hopped back. "Kill! I'll kill you!"