What are we?

"I'd be lying if I didn't say this, that was some magic attack that kid pulled off." Riser spoke, he seemed to only speak when dragons weren't nearby.

"Blake.. She's the one that Hiro saw something in, along with those two dragons, we have no clue where they lie in the dragon hierarchy." Rias spoke, she had a hard time putting her finger on anything relating to us.

"Isn't Hiro supposedly the third sky dragon? Or Ryuuk is." Sona said, she had remembered something from the fateful encounter with Ryuuk and Mr. Hiro all those years ago.

"That can't be, sure Ryuuk fought Ddraig but he was superior to him, Ddraig destroyed him with minimal help from us, there's gotta be something we're missing, plus the way that Gear works is different from the twin sky dragons. Where those two are based on the emotions of the wielder... Ryuuk's gear is based solely on the anger of the user, the more powerful the hatred the stronger he is, and the more unhinged the user becomes over time." Sairaorg recalled, he seemed to know more about the dragons than any of the other representatives.

"We'll just have to see if Hiro and Ryuuk remember anything about what they truly are, and where they stand in this world." Sona spoke as the four representatives nodded.

Back in the room I was contemplating things, I had no idea what I was thinking about just... Thinking.

'Hey kid?'

"Huh? What's up Ryuuk?"

'You've been getting those odd feelings too right? Like everything about you and I is not what it seems?'

I could only nod slowly at his question, I didn't know what to say, all of this talk before, when Ryuuk called Ddraig his brother.. How he was supposedly the black dragon emperor but at the same time, his powers were nowhere near the power or scale of Issei and this other dragon.

'And then there are the things I keep remembering... The phrase 'Become King' and the word 'Alterna'... What do they mean?' Ryuuk questioned as once again I couldn't answer.

"All we can do is focus on the now of the situation, we're the Bastard Dragon, perhaps we don't have a rank at all and we're just some rouge dragon that defies everything and everyone, hence the 'Bastard' part."

'You might be right, but then again, you haven't even reached the middle part of our power, perhaps with time we'll find out the truth of who we really are.'

Ryuuk's words brought some sort of comfort to my mind, was it the part that I haven't peaked yet? Or was it the fact that there was a chance I could find out everything from my past.. And maybe get some answers out of my parents other than that Vernal was an old family friend who kidnapped me after taking care of me for years, like some kind of twisted uncle.

"Hiro?" I could hear Akira voice as I turned to face him, he had his standard smile on, but his eyes spelled worry. "You've been sitting in the dark for a while now, and Kanna and Xenovia are getting ready for their match."

I slowly rose from the ground and walked towards Akira, placing a hand on his shoulder before walking past him, I didn't answer him.. This sudden existential crisis had me shaken.

"There you are, you alright man?" Anne spoke as I walked past her, the worry spreading to her, mainly because she remembered my outburst when she was fighting Shinji, perhaps the betrayal was bad on my mind and heart.

"Master." Mitsumi spoke quietly as I passed her, some manner of emotion displayed in the concern of her voice.

I was freaked out, after this fight.. Regardless of the outcome I would be fighting Shinji, the pressure of trying to beat someone I've never won against in my life scared me, but even then I would try, I had to try.