Part 1

Derek's Pov

As I stared at the view in front of me, I frowned why was seeing Stiles crying have that much effect on me?

We defeated Gerard and the kanima no longer exists, instead Jackson became a werewolf.

Lydia was heartbroken and crying but than she saw Jackson stand she threw herself in his arms sobbing uncontrollably.

Stiles saw that and let the tears rolled down.

I hated Stiles since I met him and I usually want to rip his head off, but I couldn't help that aching feeling in my chest as he suffered for the unrequited love he had.

I turn to study the situation around me the Argents were standing there minus Gerard; I still can't believe that old man wanted to be what he hates the most.

As I pondered on what to do next, my eyes turn to look once again at the brokenhearted fool crying silently.

Why was he so broken?

Yeah Lydia was the love of his life, but didn't he know by now, that will never happen?

For as long as Jackson lived, Lydia was forever his, unless he found his mate that is.

And there it was the irritating feeling I got when seeing Stiles cry, the hurt I felt that he was in love with someone other than me, Stiles was my mate.

We defeated the kanima and Gerard, I should be happy and yet i wasn't and Stiles was to blame for that.

I made myself disappeared without anyone noticing, I was still worrying about that fucking pack of Alphas that were coming to Beacon Hills, that did not sit well with me.

I needed to think of a plan to execute, I lost two wolves Erica and Boyd. Scott was most likely not going to join me especially now that Peter was back, he is not going to trust him.

Moreover, I didn't blame him one bit, how can you trust someone who's tried to kill his bestfriend, His girlfriend and his mother, I sure as hell wouldn't and I haven't.

I got distracted when a flash of Stiles's face with tears in his eyes went through my mind.

I stopped frozen on my spot, why am I all of the sudden thinking about Stiles again, God how the hell did I end up with Stiles as my mate?

I sigh frustrated and made my way towards the place I was calling home for now.

Only to find Peter leaning against the wall on the porch, I had rented a house close to school, you know that saying hide in plain sight, is the best hideout.

Well that wasn't true because if it were, Peter wouldn't have found me.

''You look different.'' Peter frowned and I rolled my eyes.

''It's call being annoyed by an uncle who's supposed to be dead since he kill my sister and almost killed all of the town.'' I drawl with sarcasm dripping from my words making him smirked.

''You're mad, I get it and it's going to take days.'' He tells me and I shook my head.

''Weeks?" He asks frowning and I just snorted.

''Months?'' He questions me and I still shook my head no.

He widen his eyes and then he gulps hard, ''years.'' He spoke slowly while crossing his arms across his chest.

''Try never.'' I spat at him, yes he help me defeat the kanima but I still hate his ass.

A picture of Stiles face flash through my head and I could feel the twitch I felt but fought it off.