Chapter 23

It's been two hours since the man in the window, in that time Logan has been calling a lot of people, from his business partners to inside cops. I think that I'm still in shock I haven't really talked I have just sat there in stillness.

Logan got off the phone and let out an immense sigh, I looked at him he was sat there with a look of total fatigue and frustration. From what I can comprehend from the phone calls him and his team have come up with nothing, they don't know who it was how he got in or where he went.

In the back of my head I know that all of this is my fault I am the reason all of this is happening. I wish that I knew who it was or that I saw the persons face. I'm trying plot down a list in my head of all the people that would want to harm me. The list that I have is my father, the guy that touched me at Logan dad's house and that its, before meeting Logan I didn't talk to anyone I had no friends or family. I would go to school do my work come home and deal with my dad. That's it maybe I would irregularly talk to Sal if I couldn't find my dad or Sal would ring me saying that my dad was passed out at the bar.

I wonder sometimes what life would be like if mom was still around, what my life would have turned out like. I know for damn sure that I wouldn't be sitting on the lap of notorious mafia prince trying to calculate who the hell was in my room or writing cryptic messages on windows. Some part of my wishes that I wasn't here and I was home in my room only having to worry about normal teenage things like who I have crush on or have I don't all of my homework. However if I had a normal life I would be with Logan I wouldn't have run into him at the bar or even know who he was. So I guess there is a silver lining to this horrible cloud.

Logan brought me out of my thinking by saying that we are going to his father house as he needs to speak to him about what has happened and that it will be safer for us as there are people in the mafia living there and just in case the person would come back we won't be here.

We packed our bags and made out way to his father's house again. The travel there was very quiet, I looked over a Logan whilst he was driving I could see in his face he looked like a child that could not beat a level in a game, and he had a puzzled face with still the hint of annoyance. We reached the house and made our way up the driveway when we reached the top Logan's father was already there waiting for us by the front door. Logan gave his dad a stiff nod as his greeting I looked up at the man in front of me, his face said it all complete and utter sympathy. It did take me back as the first time we met he was very emotionless towards me. I'm predicting from his face that Logan had called him ahead of time.

"Right let's get this sorted" Logan's father said interrupting the awkward silence that was fashioned by the three of us.

We all walked into the house and made our way back into the conference room.