Chapter 3

"hey Robby what are you doing here, did you forget something?"

Sal asked tying to talk as normal as you can in this situation. I just can't believe at this moment what is going on, my dad never used to be like this he was an amazing dad to me and a wonderful husband but it all went when mum left we didn't get a goodbye.

The dark tone of my dad talking snapped me out of dreaming. "No Sal I didn't, I'm here for her" pointing at me with the gun that he had in his hand which is shaking slightly meaning that he needs a drink already, I'm not usually scared at when it comes to my dad's behaviour when he has been drinking but right now I am terrified, I don't know what life would of been like if mum didn't go or if it was the other way round that dad left instead.

My dad has never gone this far or became this angry before. Sal step forward a bit letting me now stand by myself and having no one to hold onto. I start to panic as I have nowhere to go or hide, my chest starts to heave and the walls start to close in. Then it all stops with a load but calm cough coming from the mystery man interrupting it all and the situation.

"I'm sorry Robby but I can't let you take her " standing his ground and moved back a bit getting closer to me "oh yeah and why not" my dad saying with a bit more of annoyance in his voice.

The man took a breath looked at me when our eyes connected everything stopped. In that moment for the first time in ages I felt hope.

"well its quite simple she doesn't deserve to be around someone like you" I moved bit closer to him so that are arms are brushing each other and also so that I can have a proper look on my dad's face, since mum left no one has ever denied him something that he wants.

After the mystery man said that dad looked shocked then started to laugh.

"Who do you think you are exactly?" Dad said now getting really annoyed; the man who I might say at this moment was very relaxed like this isn't his first confrontation with a hostile person.

"I'm Logan Bates you might have heard of me?" The man said with a slight smirk of his face.