Chapter 7

We pulled up to a big house not as big as Logan's but it was older fashioned and it had a creepy atmosphere around it. We got out of the car and Logan put his arm around my waist he opened the front door and the first thing that you smell was cigar smoke and wine, it was such a strong smell and the more we walking into the house the smell got more powerful.

Logan pulled me into the main lounge area were there was a chair that was facing away from us with a man in it. I couldn't see much all I could see was the top of his grey hair. Logan coughed to get the man attention and the chair swirled round to meet us. The man was around 50-60 and a cigar hanging out of his mouth he blew out the smoke.

"Ah Logan you're here" after acknowledging Logan he spotted me.

"I see you brought someone" I just stood there and looked at the floor as I didn't know here to look.

"Yeah this is gabby my fiancé" I looked up to see what the man's reaction was but there wasn't any; he had the same plain expressionless face.

"Well let's have a look at the girl then" he had his hand out for me to grab I looked up to Logan and he gave me a weak nod to go forward. I didn't want to upset anyone so I walked towards the man and placed my hand in his dry and rough hands. He pulled me more towards him. I looked up to meet his eyes and he stared at me for what seem for ages and then got up from his chair and dropped my hands and walked pass me to Logan.

"you ready for the meeting son" I got a bit confused from the gesture but then it suddenly hit me that it was Logan's dad which means his is the mafia boss which is the highest you get. I don't think he likes me which means also that he could kill me without anyone knowing. The panic was starting to kick it but I tried to push it down so he wouldn't see that I'm weak or embarrass Logan.

"Yeah I'm ready but what about gabby?" his dad sighed and the shook his head, like Logan as just asked the most difficult question someone possible can. I walked over to Logan as he seemed to make me feel calm as you can when you are in a room full of people that are killers and in the mafia. I leaned into his side and he wrapped his arm around my shoulder. His dad saw this and was a bit dazed.

"She will have to come into the room as you brought her her for god knows what reason, but if she says one thing then she is out" his voice got loader at the end of the sentence and that scared me. He didn't wait for Logan to respond he stared to walk into the other half of the house into another big room that has a long table with lots of men in suits talking and drinking some were also smoking cigars. His dad sat at the head of the table and me and Logan sat on the next available seat next to him. I feel uncomfortable around here as I don't know where to look so I kept my eyes on my hands that were in my lap.

They were discussing some sort of political stuff that I didn't understand also wasn't really interested in what they were saying, half way through the meeting Logan's hand slid into mine I looked up to him and he didn't look at me as he was trying to look like he was listening to what the men were saying. For the rest of the meeting me and Logan keep playing with each other's fingers under the table which made me smile that he was trying to make me feel more comfortable with this situation.

I was snapped out of my thoughts by Logan's dad saying that the meeting was over. Everyone was shaking hands with each other. I was waiting at the door and happened to look at the time on the clock that was hanging we have been here for 3 hours it didn't feel that long. Logan finished up with everyone and said there goodbyes and the moved over to his dad and they were having a kind of heated discussion I was trying to listen to what they were talking about but I got interrupted by a man standing in front of me .

He was in his late 40's holding a cigarette to his mouth he blew the smoke out and some of it I inhaled trying not to cough. I knew I wasn't allowed to talk to anyone so I just stood there waiting for Logan to come over and get me home but it wasn't fast enough.

"I couldn't take my eyes of you through that meeting, why don't you come home with me instead of Logan huh"

I didn't say anything all I'm thinking in my head is that I hope Logan hurries his conversation up.

"Come on let's get out of here" he grabbed my arm and pulled me out of the room so fast that I couldn't react or get someone's attention. He kept pulling me until we got out in to the back garden and he pinned my up against the wall and started to playing with my hair I tried to get him of me but for a 40 something year old man he was strong, I'm guessing his profession makes him strong compared to other 40 year olds.

He stared to kiss my cheek I moved my head away from him but it wasn't working that well I stared to panic I don't want my first kiss to be by him. yes I know I'm 19 and I haven't had my first kiss, don't get me wrong I have kissed boys in my past like when I was 10 but not a proper one with emotion and I defiantly don't want it to go to him . I stated to push on his chest but he didn't move at all he grabbed my arms and pinned them above my head.

I stared to say Logan's name it started of small then it got loader after each time until it turned into a scream. The man started to kiss my neck when the door opened with a bang and the man was thrown of me. I fell the ground and curled into a ball and started to cry. Logan came over to me and sat down next to me and pulled me into him so now I was sitting in the lap hugging the dear life out of him.

He kept shushing me until I stopped crying. He picked me up in his arms, we went around the side of the house until we got to the front were Logan got me into the car. We started to drive home I suddenly got tired so I curled up on the seat and faced Logan and kept my eyes closed trying to drift to sleep. I suddenly felt Logan brushing my hair back out of my face and started to stroke my cheek and that the last thing I can remember of that car ride.