Chapter 24

Logan, his dad and I walked into the house and went towards the meeting room, I followed Logan in his back blocked the view of the room. When I finally moved from behind Logan I was greeted with some familiar faces from the last time I was in here and some new faces as well. To my left of the room was a big board with pictures of people that were connected to each other with red string. It made me chuckle a little bit at the cliché reminding me of all crime shows when the detectives were trying to hunt the bad guys down and know the bad guys are the ones doing the hunting.

I looked closer towards the bored taking in all of the names and pictures trying to see if any of them rang a bell or if I have been in contact with them but nothing on that board triggered anything. I looked back over to Logan and his father they were discussing in detail what went on and how it was even possible for the man to get away with it. Logan's dad looked over at me with a quizzical face,

"What I really don't understand is why someone made all this effort to get into your room, see you and then do nothing?" Logan's dad asked

"I screamed maybe it scared him away" I replied with a quiet voice

"see that also doesn't make any sense either, we know that the man is trained not an average person would go the extent he did to get in with all of the guards and all of the cameras to finally get you and then get scared and then flee"

Logan interjected in by saying

"maybe his plan wasn't to do anything to her, maybe it was to prove a point that he can get her if he wants to, to basically prove and point that we aren't untouchable even though we say that we are"

What Logan and his father are saying makes sense, why would someone go to all this trouble not to say anything to me or do anything, he had the chance he could of pulled a gun on be or a knife and killed me before Logan got to the room but he didn't do anything.

I sat down on the one of the chairs, Logan and all of the others where circled around a laptop looking at the surveillance of the house to try and pin point when and where he came on and out. While they are all distracted I went back to the board just too double clarify that I don't know anyone of there. Whist looking at the board I realised that it can be flipped over; curiosity got the better of me so I went and flipped it over.

It looked the same layout and the other side just with different faces on it but the only thing that was different on this side was that there was one picture at the top that it seems all of the string connects to. I walked up closer to the board and looked at the picture; Logan came up behind me and asked what I was doing. I don't know why I am fascinated by this picture on the board then it clicked.

I gasped only loud enough for Logan to hear

"What's wrong gabby"

I could only mutter out one sentence that I never knew would completely switched my life up even more than it is right now.

"That's my mum"