Chapter 20

Tim POV: 

I watch her sit like a statue for hours on end, wishing I could tell her everything that's on my mind. She looks stunning in jeans and a t-shirt, some black flip-flops to tie it together. She must've ran straight to the hospital after Dan called. I'm kind of surprised either of them are here...

When Dan emerged over me, I had been ejected from my truck and was lying in the middle of a median dying. No one who came to help could find me, but somehow he did. He seemed like he was in a state of shock when he first saw me, and I don't think that shock has really settled since. 

They both sit in silence, occasionally adjusting in their seat before the silence continues. He keeps glancing over toward her, and she refuses to look me in the eye. She taps her foot nonstop, making me go crazy. I reach for her hand, but I'm still unable to lift my arm. God, what I'd give just to touch her hand. 

"I'm going to grab some coffee." Dan pipes out in a hushed tone. He stands up, and rubs her shoulder for a moment, before she offers a forced smile up toward him. He leaves the room, causing the air to grow thicker. She watches the door, like she can't wait for him to come back. 

"I'm sorry I screamed at you like that..." She whispers, like she's unsure if she wants to say it. "I just... I saw something that was hard for me to take, and I just... I couldn't risk seeing it again." She tries to elaborate, still refusing to look at me. She sits in silence for a second, her mind clearly running. "I don't know why you have to hurt yourself. I just don't understand why you can't let yourself find happiness. It just doesn't make sense to me." She lets out, before biting her lip. She leans forward with her eyelids shut, clasping her hands together and pressing them against her nose, almost as if she were praying. She slowly opens her eyes, looking into mine with tears hanging in them. She reaches out toward my hand, her fingers hovering for a moment, before letting them fall onto mine. 

I attempt to hit a few keys on a piano, but my fingers tremble too much to hit the notes. Rob stares at my hands, before looking at my eyes. He leans up against the piano and sighs. 

"Tim, you need to go get checked out. I'm not going to keep looking the other way." He releases quietly, while people rush around the stage, trying to set up for tonight's show. I try to desperately calm the shaking, holding onto my hand, but they just grow even more unsteady. I shut my eyes, as Rob glances over at Faith talking to a reporter on the side of the stage. I wince at how violent the shaking grows. "Listen, we can go real fast, before the show while she's in sound check. You don't have to talk to her about it." He suggests, as I look up at him, before looking her way. 

I sit in a doctor's office, hearing my hands rattle against the paper on the table. Rob can't help but stare. The doctor watches too, before sighing. 

"Tim, you've been through an exceptional amount of trauma over the last few years... mentally and physically." He begins to word carefully, before glancing toward Rob. He looks back at me and shrugs. "The amount of stress you are under is impacting you physically, through things like your tremors. There's no quick solution to it, but..." He thinks hard about the message he needs to get across. "There's an amazing inpatient facility in Nashville that could help you work through this." He releases, making me wince. 

"Inpatient?" I let out, staring at the doctor as the tremors start to grow worse. The doctor nods, as Rob rubs his forehead. "Like a mental hospital..." I croak, as Rob starts to shake his head. 

"Tim..." He warns, while the doctor tries to elaborate. 

"These physical symptoms are usually the precursor to much more serious issues. Given your personal and professional life, I would highly recommend you act proactively on this and take the time you need --" He begins, as I pipe out over him. 

"More serious issues?" I laugh, while Rob shuts his eyes. The doctor nods confidently, seeming prepared to silence my defiance. 

"Tim, you will more than likely suffer a psychotic episode if you don't seek help soon." He announces, before I stand and collect my things. I march out of the room, as Rob starts to apologize to the doctor. 

Hours after storming out of the doctors office, Faith searches the halls for me before our show. She smiles at everyone she passes, already prepared for the show. Her high heels echo down the hall as she walks into our dressing room, wondering if I may have come back yet. The girls are still playing with barbies at the coffee table, and Audrey sits in her manager's arms. She sighs, before shaking it off, guessing that I'm probably off doing press. She walks toward the bathroom, swinging the door open before freezing. 

I lie on the ground, seizing as Rob tries to keep me quiet. He looks at Faith, and immediately motions her to stay silent. She closes the door behind her. I moan, causing him to wince. Rob tries to hold me still to keep me from banging my head against the tile, but I shake so violently it's damn near impossible. Faith stares, completely horrified at the sight. 

"We should call 9-1-1." She whispers, as I groan once more. Rob clasps his hand over my mouth, trying to keep the girls from hearing. He shakes his head toward Faith. "Is he on something? What's wrong?" She begins to ramble as tears rise up. He shakes his head once more, as she pulls out her phone. 

"Faith, for the love of god, don't." He asserts, as she stares his way. "He's not on anything. He's fine." He says, as I continue to seize violently. She widens her eyes, preparing to argue. 

"He's having a fucking seizure and you're telling me his fine?" She replies, starting to grow hysterical. He hushes her, pointing to the door, reminding her of the kids. Rob opens his mouth, but has no good explanation. My seizing slowly stops, as I wheeze loudly. "Babe..." She releases, kneeling down beside me. "Are you okay?" She asks, smoothing back my hair. I struggle to breathe as tears overwhelm me. I prop myself up, before starting to puke into the toilet. She looks at Rob, before shaking her head. "I'm calling an ambulance." She spits out, before I turn toward her. 

"Don't." I spit out, causing her to freeze. I rest my head on the toilet seat, my hands still violently trembling. "Please don't." I whimper, my whole face covered in tears and sweat. She rests her hand on my shoulder, preparing to pry. "They're going to put me in the looney bin... and I'm not... I'm not crazy..." I cry out, causing her to pale out a little. She looks at Rob, who is now pulling his knees up to his chest while staring like he's been through a war. I turn toward her, noticing a look of fear in her eye. "Faith, I'm not crazy..."  I raise my voice, causing her to nod, before looking to Rob for help. She sits like a deer in headlights as I unravel in every sense.