Chapter 34

Tim POV: 

Faith sits upright as tears continue to stream down her cheeks for another hour. I've been watching her carefully, although my eyes have been wanting to close for the last thirty minutes. I hold onto her hand, lying on my stomach as I watch her thoughts run. She leans her head back against the headboard, before shutting her eyes, the only sound in the room is rain tapping the window with the occasional rumble of thunder. I can't even hear her breathe. 

"Lexington." She whispers, catching my attention. She looks down at me, running her fingers through my hair. "We were in Lexington." She clarifies, sniffling as her swollen eyes glisten with a flash of lightning. "You came on stage to sing a duet with me, and a gust of wind..." She stops herself, before shutting her eyes tightly. "It's like the details start pouring through, before I lose them again." She confesses, more tears falling. 

"Faith, you're torturing yourself trying to force the memory." I let out, before she moves toward the edge of the bed. She stands up and starts toward the kitchen. I listen carefully, before I hear the jingle of car keys. I rush downstairs, watching as she walks toward my truck. "Faith!" I shout out, running after her. I hop in the passenger side, as she peels out of the driveway. "What the hell are you doing?" I question, as she speeds down the road. She follows a series of backroads in complete silence, seeming to have her mind set on something. She pulls up to a driveway, pulling in. She drives up to a mansion, before putting the truck in park, and leaning back in her seat. She seems to be in shock. "Faith..." I call out, as she watches the house carefully. "Faith, where the fuck are we?" I raise my voice, growing frustrated with her lack of answer. 

"Home..." She releases under her breath. I narrow my eyes at her, before looking at the house once more. I feel my heart sink as I start to realize why she's so shocked. 

On the same empty lot we went to earlier now lies a massive mansion... a mansion that looks identical to the one in our memories. 

She jumps out of the car, rushing up to the front door and pushing it open. I follow her inside, feeling awestruck as I recognize all the features. She staggers into the kitchen, pausing as she sees us, leaning against the counter in mid-conversation. 

"Faith, I understand why you want to do this, but... we can't just pretend like she doesn't have a terrible track record." I say in a hushed tone. She leans her head back, seeming exhausted with the conversation. 

"I know you're worried about the kids, but you do not know a damn thing about the relationship between me and my sister." Faith asserts quietly, her frustration starting to rise. I raise my eyebrows, as she walks away in search of something to distract herself. 

"You're right. She's a complete stranger to me. A complete stranger, who is a known drug user, Faith." I spit out, as Faith rolls her eyes, hanging her head for a moment. 

"And you're an alcoholic, Tim." She argues, hitting me like a slap across the face. I recoil, as she stands confidently. 

"That's a low blow." I release, sounding awfully disappointed with her. I can see a slight glimmer of guilt in her eyes, but she doesn't let it break through. 

"I wouldn't let someone who could harm them around our kids." She continues, as I sigh, still frustrated with her remark. "I know her, and I know she needs help. She can't be out on her own right now." She says. 

"So put her in a goddamn rehab. I don't see why we need to bring an addict into our house." I raise my voice.

I watch my version of Faith, as she witnesses the fight. She turns away from it, wandering upstairs toward our bedroom. When she pushes that door open, it seems like multiple versions of us try to push through.