Chapter Eight.

Violet opened the door to the room. Foster jumped to his feet. He was across the room in a flash. "Hey." He exclaimed. "Where are you going now?" Violet's answering grin was devious. She place her hand in the center of his chest.

"I am not going anywhere." She leaned in. "You are."

Foster looked puzzled. "I am?"

"Well that's up to you." Violet said. "After today's stunt I thought you might want to get us a separate room. Unless you think Brady has already forgiven you. In that case we can just bunk here with him." She shrugged.

He looked over at me. I stared back at him with as much fire as I could muster in my eyes. Foster shuddered as he backed out the door. I had to bite down on my lower lip to keep from laughing.

Violet smirked. "Don't forget to give Darla my best." Foster groaned. She closed the door on him. "He should be quite busy for a while. She giggled.

I may have felt sorry for him under different circumstances but considering what he did today with Abby. I would rather see him suffer a little first.

"You're pure evil." I teased.

Violet bowed. "Thank you."

She plopped down on the bed next to me. I smiled as she laid her head on my shoulder. This was her way of saying I love you.  I cannot begin to count how many nights we've spent like this in silence or quietly debating the meaning of life.

There isn't a soul on the planet I trust more than Violet and I know she feels the same thing towards me.Some people in the past have mistaken our bond as something more than friendship. I can see how they might have come to those conclusions but we've only have seen each other as friends.

Violet lifted her head off my shoulder. "What are you not telling me about Abby? I know there is more to the story then you told me earlier." She pointed out.

"Abby is the girl in the picture." I confessed.

Violet sighed. "I thought maybe that was the case."

"I feel a intense connection to her which is odd considering we just met yesterday." I glanced up at the flower print on the wall. "Did Foster tell you? She has Betsy eyes."

She placed her hand over mine. "I can see you like Abby." Violet said gently. " I do think you need to be cautious around her as she could end up being a lot of trouble."

Am I the only person who believes Abby could be the one in a lot of trouble? This girl has one foot in the underworld and may not be aware this world even exists.

Violet grinned. "I had my doubts this day would ever come." She admitted. "After what happened with Betsy. I didn't know if you would allow yourself to feel this way again."

My eyes widened in shock as my mind register what she meant. How could she misread what I said so much? I jumped up away from the bed. How can someone who knows me so well get it so wrong?

What I feel for Abby is friendship maybe a little protectiveness but nothing remotely romantic. I do not do romantic in any form.

"Yes I like Abby." I admitted. "As a friend nothing more."

Violet sighed. "Brady, You have no idea." She looked up meeting my eyes. "What I saw today was your future. Abby was very much a large part of it. You may just like her now but you will love her later." She declared.

"You're wrong." I growled.

Violet growled back. "No Brady, I am not."

She projected an image on the wall across from me. "Take a look for yourself." Violet ordered. The image was of me holding Abby is a tight embrace. I didn't want to see anymore but I couldn't force my eyes to look away.