Chapter Sixteen.

A knocked sounded on the front door. We all frozen in place. It can only be one of two people at this point. Henry with news of Foster's parentage or Natalia coming to finished what she started the day of the accident.

As it turned out there was a third option. "Abby?" I pulled the door back to allow her to pass into the kitchen. After what transpired with Natalia we decided it best to stay at my house.

"What a surprise." I mused.

She scrunched her nose. "I am sorry to intrude but I found something I wanted to share with you." Abby broke off as she realized everyone was staring at her. "Should I come back?"

I pretended to be annoyed. "If you are going to gawk at least be polite enough to say hello to the girl." I added in an eye roll to really sell the annoyance. "Family. What are you to do?"

The last time we all were together Henry took the liberty of rebinding Abby's powers and erasing her memory of the accident and everything that came afterwards.

As far as Abby knows Vince died in a freak accident on the way home from dropping her off. Violet stepped up next to me. "Please forgive Brady's manners. He must have forgotten its impolite to keep a guest waiting at the door." She ushered Abby over to the new dining room table.

"I believe we met before in Jacklyn boutique on the square. I think you got a bad impression of my friend." Abby added.

Violet confirmed their meeting and apologized for prejudging her friend. Abby told Violet she was probably right in her assumption as Chloe has been difficult lately.

Abby smiled. "Hey Foster."

"What's up girl?" You're looking good." He winked. Violet smacked the back of his head. I will thank her for that one later. "Geesh talk about manners." Foster grumbled.

Violet glared at him. "I will remember my manners when you remember how to properly speak to a guest." She scolded. Foster rolled his eyes on his way past us to the living room.

He flopped down on the couch hitting the power button on the remote to the DVD player in one fluid motion. Violet and I both shot him a warning. We have to appear human in every capacity while Abby is around.

"So what brings you by?" I asked to take the attention off Foster's alien like behavior. I was actually surprised to see Abby out and about this soon. The memorial service for Vince was this morning. Other than puffy eyes she looked remarkably well.

Abby's eyes lit up. "I went by the historic society and they have been extremely generous." She grinned. "We now have records for every single business operated in Brookville since 1817."

"Nice job." I praised. This was a great find. "They will be a good help once we get the ledgers finished." We still had from 1924 until present day to sort through.

She scrunched her nose. "Actually they're done. I could use help matching names to business if you have the time." I made an exaggerated sighing noise but agreed.

"Where are they?" I pretended to roll my eyes.

Abby giggled and shook her head. "They're in the back of my car." She looked over at Foster. "Do you mind grabbing them for us please?" She tossed him her set of keys.

Foster of course could not let an opportunity pass by without flaunting himself. He jumped to his feet and flexed his muscles. "See Brady, brawns wins every time." He had a smug smile on his face as he strutted past us.

What muscles I do have are mainly concentrated to my upper body. I have what is called a cowboy build. The only advantage I truly have is my overall speed. This comes from being six inches shorter and sixty-seven pounds lighter than him.