Steven, are you okay?

It has been a couple days since the crystal gems saved me. Now we are back on Earth. I spent the last few days at Connie's house, hiding my gem from her parents.  Since we got back, the crystal gems haven't come out of their house. At first I thought they were busy with gem stuff, but even Connie can't get a hold of Steven.
I am sitting with Connie in her living room. We are trying to figure out a puzzle, and keep our mind off of every that happened this summer.
"Any luck with Steven?" I ask.
"No, I'm getting really worried. What if they are in danger and we are just sitting here waiting for them to show up!" She shouts. I am taken aback by her loud tone and she notices, "I'm sorry. It's just...scary."
"I get it," I say, "do you want to go over there and check?"
"What if we interrupt gem stu-"
"Connie, we are crystal gems too!" I stand and hold out my hand. She laughs and grabs my hand. We leaver her house and rush to Steven's in a hurry. We get to the bottom of the step that lead up to his porch.
Connie looks at me for reassurance. I give a small smile and we walk up the steps together. We inch our way to the door and knock. We wait a few moments, but no answer. I put my ear to the screen door. It sounds like arguing. I recognize all the voices. It's all of the crystal gems. So they are fine!
Suddenly, I hear a loud thud.
"Steven!" Connie says. She must've heard it too. She busts open the door and I follow her in.
"Connie, (Y/N)? What are you doing here?" pearl says. She seems anxious.
I see Steven, Amethyst, and Pearl. Where's Garnet. I look around confused. Behind Pearl is a blue gem I have never seen before. Her bangs cover her eyes and she has a long blue dress. Beside the blue gem is a...
I back away quickly, "Ruby!" I shout, covering my eyes. I remember Steven telling the red women who took me to space where called rubies.
"(Y/n), it's okay!" Steven jumps up quickly, "This is Ruby and Sapphire. They are our friends! And they are the gems that make Garnet when they fuse!" He explains.
"Garnet is a fusion!?" I shake my head in disbelief.
Before anyone could answer Ruby and Sapphire start arguing.
"She lied to us!" Sapphire yells. Maybe I shouldn't be listening in on their conversation. I try to block out what they are saying. Eventually Sapphire warps on the warp pad. Ruby is still standing there, looking really upset. Connie and I look at each other then back at Steven.
"What's going on, Steven?" Connie asks.
"I don't know how to explain. It's a long story." Steven rubs the back of his head.
"We have time." I say.
"No we don't!" The Ruby yells out, "we have to find Sapphire! I need to be there for her." Pearl places her hand on Ruby's back.
"I'll go talk to her. I was there with Rose, I know the full story. Don't worry, I'll bring her back." Pearl walks on the warp pad and warps away.
"Full story? Rose? What's going on?" I raise my voice.
Steven takes a deep breath and pats next to him on the couch as he sits. Connie and I sit next to him.
"Ruby you too." Steven says kindly.
"I-I need to go for a walk." Ruby stomps out of the house, leaving burning foot prints behind her.
"I'll make sure she stays out of trouble." Amethyst says and follows ruby.
"Okay, I'll tell you guys what's going on." Steven takes another breath, "as you know, my mom, Rose Quarts, was the leader of the crystal gem. She fought against Pink Diamond and everyone else who tried to hurt Earth."
"Who was pink diamond?" I ask quickly.
"Right. I guess I never explained this to you. Well pink diamond was an alien from a planet called Homeworld. She was trying to destroy Earth and make it a colony, but this would also kill all living things on Earth, so my mom rebelled. Or at least that's what we thought." He shrugs.
"What do you mean?" Connie asks.
"My mom...My mom wasn't Rose quarts. She was pink diamond."
Connie gasps, "What how?"
"She shape shifted into Rose to become some one the other diamonds couldn't ignore. She thought it was the only way to keep Earth safe."
"Does they mean your pink diamond?" I ask.
"I guess, kind of? I have her powers, but I'm also human. It's all really confusing." Steven sighs, "Pearl knew all of this. She was with my mom through it all!" Steven seems upset, " but she couldn't tell me any of it."
"Steven, are you okay?" I ask.
"I think I'll be fine. I just need to clear my head." Steven says.
"How about we go to the arcade? Or walk the beach?" Connie suggests.
"Or both?" I add.
"I'm banned from the arcade, I broke a few machines." Steven laughs.
"Let me talk to the owner, I'm sure he will let you back in." Connie puts her hands on her hips.
"It sounds fun," Steven thinks for a bit, "Okay, yeah, let's go!" He stands.

After about a 5 minute walk, we get to the arcade. A soon as we walk in a big man blocks our way. He has a big smile on his face, but his eyes scream sadness.
"Good morning Mr. Smiley!" Connie says quickly, "how are you?"
"I'll be better when he leave." He has an energetic voice, but it sounds so bitter.
"Please let him in Mr.Smiley! It was about year ago when he broke your machine and it technically wasn't his fault!"
"Nuh uh! He broke my best machine!" Mr. smiley shakes his hands in anger.
"I am super sorry about that! I just really need to feel normal for a bit. I just found out that my mom was an alien overlord who we thought was evil, but is actually nice. And Pearl knew it all along. And-"
"Okay! Okay! You can come in, just don't break anything." He says as he quickly walks away.
We laugh and walk in the arcade.
There are tons of games to play. My eyes quickly find one of those arcade dancing games. I rush over in excitement.
"Someone has to play with me!" I squeal.
"Oh I will!" Steven runs over and take the place next to me. We put in coins and pick a song. I feel real good about my dancing skills so I put in on hard mode.
As the song starts I can already tell that I should have picked an easier song. I barely hit arrows on time and I'm already exhausted. I look over at Steven and see he is killing it. He is hitting almost every arrow perfectly. He notices me staring and smiles.
"Better watch the screen, it's about to get faster." He laughs.
I look at the screen and realize that it is in fact going faster and has more arrows. I quickly move my feet and try to hit the right buttons. I am too slow and get bad on almost every one. I try to do a cris cross with my feet, but end up stumbling and tripping. I gasp as I fall.
"I got you!" Steven says as he catches me. I blink a couple times.
"Thanks." I says. I then jump. That not my voice. I look down at my hands and notice I'm much taller.
We fused!
Suddenly Steven and I fall too the ground. We are now unfused. I look back at Connie and her eyes are wide. I look back at Steven and he has the same expression and I can only assume I do too.
The screen on the game changed as the announcer says, "Game Over."
____________________________________
Hey guys! It's been a while! Sorry about that! I realized how much this story means to me and other, so I had to write more. And I know I said I wasn't gonna write in the pink diamond story line, but I changed my mind. It fits in perfectly! Anyway, thanks for reading!