Am I a Problem?

Steven and I look at each other shock. It is silence for at least 30 seconds before Connie shouts, "You Fused!"

It was only the second time I have fused and it felt just as weird as it did the first time. I wasn't me, but I was me and I was also Steven at the same time. It is very confusing.

"What did we look like?" I ask, realizing that I didn't even get to observe what our fusion looked like.

"They had big poofy brown hair. They were very tall and they had very pale skin. They wore Steven shirt, but it had no sleeves and they wore your jeans." Connie explains.

"Should we tell the gems?" I ask Steven.

"We can bring it up eventually, but I don't think they need any more problems." Steven shrugs.

"Oh." As childish as it sounds, that kind of hurt my feeling. Do all the Gems see me as a problem?

"Anyway, we should go check back at my house and see if Sapphire and Ruby are okay." Steven smiles. I just nod and Connie and I follow him back to his house.

Once we get back, I see that Sapphire and Ruby are back, but they aren't fused. They don't look upset anymore and everyone looks pretty happy.

"Oh good! You guys are back." Pearl says as she clasps her hands together.

"Is everything okay?" Steven questions.

"Yes!" Ruby interrupts by jumping in the air and throwing one fist up, "I asked Sapphire to marry me!" She exclaims as she lands.

"What? That so amazing! So when Garnet is back, she will come back on her own terms. Without anyone telling her who to be." Steven smiles.

"Exactly." Sapphire calmly nods, "we need to start planning so if you would excuse us." The two walk into Garnet's room. I guess they still have access even if they aren't fused.

Everyone begins to do their own thing. Pearl folds Stevens clothes, Steven and Connie talk about a book they are reading together, and Amethyst is relaxing on the couch. I sit next to her and sigh.

Amethyst looks over at me and nudges my arm, "Hey dude, it's been forever since we hung out." She smiles.

"Yeah." I nods and nervously scratch at my gem. Amethyst sees what I am doing and sits up.

"Everything okay?" She asks and puts her hand on my shoulder.

"Yep." I say without looking up at her. I shrug her hand off my shoulder.

She looks down at my gem, "you shouldn't do that. You could damage it." She says and grab my hand and pulling it away from my gem.

"Don't want me adding to the Crystal Gem's list of problems." I say.

"Seriously are you Okay?" She asks, sounding even more concerned.

"I'm fine. I just don't want to be a burden."

"What!" She asks loudly. Everyone stops what they are doing and looks at us. Amethyst laughs nervously, "(y/n) just told me they have never been to Fish Stew Pizza. It just shocked me a little." She laughs again. Nice save. She stands and drags me along with her, "I'm going to take them there right now." She hurriedly pushes us out the door before and one can say anything.

We walk for a bit, "where are we going?" I ask.

"Fish stew pizza. Always makes me feel better when I'm down."

"Well I'm not 'down'." I do air quotes.

"Dude, you obviously are. Trust me. I have felt the same way you have." We make it to what I can only assume is the pizza place. She opens the door for me and we walk in. We find a seat, "I'll be right back." She goes up to the counter to make an order.

I take in all the scenery. It's exactly what you would expect at a small town pizza place. Only a few table covered with plaid cloth. It's a small building and the kitchen behind the counter takes up half of it. It quaint and it feels homey.

Amethyst sits down across from me and just stares. I stare back, shaking my head, wondering what she wants. It finally hits me that she wants me to open up about how I am feeling...or something like that. I stay silent. She groans and lays her head down on the table for a second. She shoots her head back up and says, "What is the matter? You are super quiet and just not acting like yourself."

I take a deep breath, "fine. But it is stupid really. Childish even. So Steven, Connie, and I all went to the arcade to get our minds off of all of the bizarre things that are happening. Steven and I played the dancing game and..." I pause, "don't tell the other gems, but Steven and I fused. It was only for a second, but when we unfused Steven said we shouldn't tell you guys yet so we don't  'add more problem.'" I quote Steven, "and I don't know, it just made me feel like I am a problem to all of you guys. First with Garnet and now Steven." I stare waiting for her reply.

"(Y/N), you know he didn't mean it like that. Steven has a lot of stress and that isn't your fault. I mean, the entire Earth relies on the Crystal Gems to keep it safe from home world and it can get tough. He wasn't saying you are the problem, he was saying it as if he was the problem. He has been feeling like that for a while and I have been trying to help him as much as I can. I think he just needs to have a day where he is a normal kid, you know?" Amethyst sighs

I immediately feel guilty, " I'm a jerk."

"No, you aren't. Listen. I have been where you are. You feel like you are weak and useless, but that isn't true. You are strong and have the potential to be a powerful Crystal Gem!" She thinks for a moment, "Hey,can you try talking to Steven? I think if you two talked, you might make each other feel better." Amethyst smiles.

"Yeah, I'll give it a shot." I smile a bit at her. After a minute of silence, a girl walks over with a pizza. Me and amethyst stare at it like we haven't had anything to eat in years. She hands me a slice before rolling the rest into one big roll of pizza and taking a bite. We both laugh. We stay there for about an hour. We talked about normal things and for that one hour, I felt like I had no worries in the world.

——————————————————————————
Hey! Hope you liked this chapter! Sorry i uploaded it so late. The next chapter I have a few things planned so buckle up! If you have any suggestions let me know, and also let me know what you thought of the chapter!