Long Road Ahead

Y/N's pov

It's been less than two weeks since that whole St. John's Farm incident and the atmosphere, as Lee would put it, has not been great.

Kenny and Lilly are still at each other's throats, arguing all the time. Lilly hasn't exactly been in the right state of mind since her dad died, can't say I blame her though. The tension between them just keeps rising and rising with no end in site, just hopefully they can sort whatever their problem is with each other, for all our sakes.

Clementine still talks to that stranger on her radio, always asking about her parents. I don't trust him. Sure, I may have thought different at the time but now... I see it more clearly now.

I just hope I can convince Clem that he's a bad man, before it's too late.

"Y/N! Y/N!" Clem says as she barges into my room, startling me as I close this journal I found a few months ago and turn to her. "I found some stickers in a draw and put them on my walkie!" She says with a big smile in her face as she holds it out for me.

"It looks nice, Clem." I tell her as I look at it in my hand. Some stickers were a few stars and a sun smiling and one was a flower, I chuckle at the idea of placing stickers on it as I hand it back to Clem.

"Thanks!" Clem replies, happy that I approve. The fact is, Clem and I have grown rather close to one another these past few months. I think Duck has started to notice since every opportunity he gets, he teases us up to the point where it gets annoying. In fact, a few days ago Clem placed a bug on his pillow and when Duck found out, he screamed his head off and started blaming Clem for it, but she denied it. A few hours later, I asked her about it and she told me that she did do it, making us both laugh.

Clem and I then go outside and notice that Lee and Kenny were bag from their run to the drug store in Macon, Clem noticed as well as she ran over to him. "You're back!" She says, happily. "I found some stickers in a draw and put them on my walkie-talkie." I then walk up to them as Lee looks down at the walkie then to me.

"That's neat, Sweet Pea." Lee tells her as Clementine smiles and runs off. "Hey, Y/N. How are you?" He asks as I look, back at him.

"I'm okay, Lee. Just a little bored, I guess." I shrug at him.

"Why don't you go play with Clementine? I've got something to take care of first but I'll check on you too later." Lee suggests.

"Okay, Lee." I tell him before I walk over to Clem, who was busy colour a leaf on a paper as I sat across from her. "Hey, Clem." Clementine then looks up from her drawing and smiles at me.

"Hey, Y/N." She says cheerfully as she carries on colouring the leaf while I watched her do so, curiously.

"What are you drawing, Clem?" I ask her curiously as she looks up from her drawing.
"It's called a leaf rubbing. My teacher, Mrs Morse showed us show to do it when we went to the Botanical Gardens once." Clem then compared the leaf to the paper. "See, it's the same. Um, kind of." Clem says chipperly.

"Woah, that looks cool." I tell her as her face beams in accomplishment.
"Thanks." Clem replies before she carries on drawing before she stops and looks at me. "Do you want me to teach you?" She asks

I think for a moment. "Sure." I tell her as she smiles before standing up and sits down next to me, with a new paper and a leaf in her hands.

*Timeskip*

"Wow, that looks cool, Y/N!" Clem says as her face beams at my drawing of the leaf rubbing.
"Thanks, Clem. I had a pretty good teacher." I tell her as she smiles at me. Just then, we heard a loud noise coming from behind us as two mysterious men grabbed ahold of us and yanked us over to everyone else, all being held at gunpoint.

"Now, Where's our supplies!" One of the bandits orders and starts to walk about in front of us.
"We don't know what the hell ya'll are talking about!" Kenny argues back as the bandit aims his gun at his face.
"Don't play dumb with me! Where are they?!" He orders when he notices Lee walking past the RV with his hands in the air, but no Lilly though.

"Take it easy." Lee says calmly as one of the bandits point a gun at him. "Listen, we don't want no trouble. Alright?" Lee tries to tell them but by the looks of them, they weren't willing to oblige.

"You made the mistake of not giving us our supplies, that's what brought you trouble! Now... hand them over or some people are gonna get hurt!" The bandit with the ski mask then points his gun to the back of Kenny's head, hinting for the others to do the same.

"We can split the supplies we have. How does that sound?" Lee offers as the ski masked bandit ponders for a moment.

"Well, I suppose we should hash out some terms then." He says as another bandit looks at him. "I don't like no hash." He argues. "Man, shut up or I'll--" Just then, the ski masked bandit gets shot in the head by Lilly as the rest of us scarpered to cover. Ben, Doug and I went to hide behind a couch as more bandits started to pour in with their guns blazing.

I poked my head out slightly but quickly duck as a bullet nearly hit me, startling me as I look ahead and see Lee with a sniper shooting a few of them, giving Ben, Doug and I a chance to move. Taking precautions, I take out my revolver and aim at some bandits, shooting a few of them as Ben quickly hopped onto the RV while Doug and I remained outside. Unfortunately, I wasn't fast enough as one of the bandits aimed his gun at me but right at the last second, Doug pushes me over to the RV just as the bandit shoots him right in the head.

"Doug! Noooo!!!" I scream out as I get back up and stand next to Lee.

"Y/N! Get inside!" Lee orders as he reloads his sniper.

"No! Katjaa and the others are in trouble!" Y/N argues back as he runs over to them and points his revolver their direction. Lee and I shoot a few walkers in the head as Clementine stood up and ran over to us, hugging both Lee and I before hopping onto the RV.

Just then, a walker got the jump on Katjaa as both her and Duck fell to the ground. Katjaa wrestled with the walker, trying to hold it back before Lee points his sniper and shoots it in the head as Kenny ran out and helped Katjaa and Duck up.

I follow after them and take a seat next to Clem in the back before watching Lilly run onto the RV at the last second before it drives off through the barrier with everyone else. I then looked out of the back window and watched the home we lived in for almost four months disappear in the distance.

PRESS 'F' TO PAY RESPECTS FOR DOUG :(