The Kid In The Attic

Once Ben closes the door behind him, the group all separated to various rooms. Lee and Kenny stayed in the kitchen to talk about the boat plan while Clem and Y/N decided to remain seated in the living room along with Omid, who lay rested on the couch that Christa helped him onto carefully with his injured leg, and Ben, who stood in the corner rather awkwardly, probably ashamed for what happened.

"Clem," Y/N whispers, receiving her attention as she turns him. "That guy on the radio, maybe we should tell Lee and the others about him, I can't keep this secret for much longer."

"No, he told us to not tell anyone, even Lee. He won't let us leave, we're just gonna have to keep this secret a little longer." Clementine replies in a hushed whisper.

Y/N nods slowly, still feeling unsure with the situation as Christa helps Omid get comfortable on the couch.

"Argh!" Omid groans in pain when he applied pressure on his leg.

"Sorry! Sorry!" Christa says frantically.

"No, it's okay. I'm good. Feel better already just being off my feet. Thanks, babe." Omid says with a reassuring smile, Christa gives a small smile back and went to join the group in the kitchen.

"So, when were you going to tell us about the radio?" Christa questions, placing a hand on her hip looking at both men.

"Tell you what?" Kenny asks.

"That it's working! That there's someone else on the other end of that thing! You didn't think that might have been worth sharing with the rest of us?" Christa asks them, both men look at each other as Christa glared at them. "Well?"

"I was going to tell you. Kenny and I only found out yesterday." Lee explains, being truthfully.

"So both of you were keeping it from the rest of us? Great." Christa says snarky like.

"Who gives a shit about the damn radio? I'm more worried about whoever it was out there ringing that bell and bringing the dead down on top of us! It's like they didn't want us to make it to the river!" Kenny exclaims.

"What makes you think it's not the same person? Whoever was on the radio was close enough to see us in the street. And we didn't see anyone else other than the guy in the belltower." Christa explains.

"Because that doesn't make a lick of damn sense. Why would they bring out the dead like that and then try to warn us about it?" Kenny asks.

"How much sense does anything make anymore? In case you haven't noticed, there's a lot of twisted folks out there these days. At least the dead don't play games with you." Christa says softly.

"Whoever that was on the radio, I think they were trying to help us. They did warn us, didn't they?" Lee tells them, siding with Christa in the arguement.

"Maybe you're right. But whoever it was, they're watching us. Following us. And they don't want us to know who they are. I can't think of any explanation for that that would make me feel better. Can you?" Christa asks them. "Besides, I'm not gonna leave this house until Omid gets enough rest.

Kenny sighs defeated. "Suit yourselves, but I'm not gonna wait any longer than we already have to. Once it settles down out there, I'm gonna go down to River Street and get us a damn boat." He walks past the pair into the living room and looks back. "Until then, we should at least make sure this house is safe for our injured friend here, not to mention the kids."