New Life Lessons And Greetings

A/N

It has been a while since I did this, almost a whole month. I'm sorry to all those who waited patiently and if you did, you have no idea how much that means to me.

Also, to all those who suggested oneshots, I know I am slacking but I assure you, you will get your oneshot. If you don't, then you can send me hate comments for me to read XD

Anyway, thanks for waiting. And I hope ye enjoy :D

Y/N's pov

Clem and I were sitting down with our feet dangling outside the train as we watched the trees zoom past, everyone else had decided to leave the carriage and hang around on the train, leaving Clem and I by ourselves.

"Are you okay, Clem?" Y/N asks her with concern laced in his voice.

"I... I don't know, I miss Duck and Katjaa." Clementine says solemnly and sighs in defeat.

"I know, me too." Y/N agrees and wraps his arm around her, pulling his friend into a side hug. Clementine relaxes in his touch and watches the passing trees and bushes.

The girl rests her head on his shoulder and closes her eyes, the atmosphere around them falls silent and none of them wish not to break such peace. After all peace is hard to come by these days.
Just then, the door opened as Lee stepped inside, he then walked over and sat down next to us.

"Are you two okay?" Lee asks, the kids turn to him and shrug.

"Yeah...." Y/N replied quietly.

"What are you thinking about?" Lee asks them.

"What Chuck said." Clementine replies.

"What did Chuck say?" Lee asks her curiously.

"That what happened to Duck, will happen to us." Clementine admits in a sad tone of voice as she frowns.

"The fuck he did!" Lee exclaims.

"Swear." Clementine reminds him.

"Sorry. I'm gonna go teach him a lesson." Lee then gets up and heads for the door.

"Don't be mad." Clementine tells him. But it was too late, Lee had already left and went to go find Chuck, leaving Clem and Y/N alone again.

"Don't listen to Chuck, Clem. We'll be fine." Y/N reassures her saddened friend.

"But what if he's right? What if I get bit, what if you get bit?" Clementine asks, her mind wondering with thoughts she didn't wish to think of.

"Clementine, listen to me." Y/N says sternly as she looks at him. "We'll be fine, nothing will never happen to us. I'll always be there for you, I promise."

"You do?"

"I do, Clementine. Trust me."

"Alright, Y/N. I believe you." Clementine says convinced and smiles, Y/N smiles back and looks out at the sky. He feels Clem resting her head on his shoulder like before as the two kids fall silent.
A few minutes later, Lee came back and sat back down next to them.

"So I spoke to Chuck." Lee tells them as Y/N cuts him off.

"Did you hurt him?"

"No..." Lee assures him. "...he explained himself and actually had some good points. Look, we're not going to let anything bad happen to you, both of you. But there are some precautions we have to take."

"Okay, yeah, that makes sense." Clem agrees, making Lee smile.

"Don't worry." Lee reassures.

"Okay. What should we do?" Y/N asks.