Chapter 13

"Well, this is great. It's only noon and we still have to find a new home for a giant white tiger," Duke murmured, glancing over towards the living room where Hu was playing around. Max, Snowball, Gidget, Daisy, Rooster, Chloe, Buddy and Mel followed his gaze. They were all currently in Snowball's apartment, trying to think of places for Hu to go. By the looks of things, they might have to send the tiger to the zoo. However, Daisy was against that.

"Daisy, I'm pretty sure he'll be fine in the Bronx Zoo. He'll be taken care of and he can literally hide in plain sight," Chloe tried to persuade the Shih Tzu. The tabby received a glare from the small dog as Daisy responded with a snap, "In case ya didn't notice, we busted him out of a cage last year. I am not sending him to another one."

"It is a larger cage," Mel mumbled. He had a sock thrown at him.

"How bout we disguise him as a very large dog," Buddy suggested. Glancing over at the playing Hu and comparing him to Duke, the dachshund's face fell when he realized just how big the tiger was to the giant mutt. Sighing heavily, he muttered, "Scratch that. It won't work."

"Before someone says something, we're not disguising him to look like a giant house cat," Max piped up. Sitting to the Jack Russell terrier's right, Rooster murmured, "Why not release him into the wild. It's a tiger, I'm pretty sure he'll survive."

"We're not doing that mister!" Daisy barked, causing some of the others to jump as she continued, "I worked too hard to protect Hu and I'm not going to let him fend for himself in the wild!"

"Maybe we should stop arguing and come to a decision because this guy really needs a home more than ever now," Gidget spoke softly. Everyone once again looked over at Hu. The white tiger was playing with a small soccer ball he had found and was now rolling it all around the room, gently whacking it with his big paws. His blue eyes were glowing with a playful light and one could hear him purring, the sound rumbling in his throat. He was acting like a giant aloof kitten. Sighing quietly, Daisy put a smile on her face to hide how stressed she was before padding over to Hu. The others watched quietly, feeling utterly hopeless as they thought about their current situation.

Their thoughts were interrupted by the familiar sounds of an incoming circus parade.