Mini Movie #2

Flying Lessons - Gidget, Mel and Buddy learn from Tiberius the ways of a hawk and it leads to some hilarious shenaigans.

The sun shone high above the skyscrapers of Manhattan. Sitting by an open window, Gidget watched quietly as two birds performed a number of aerial acrobatics with ease. Out in her living room, the three friends Mel, Buddy and Sweetpea were playing a board game together. "It must be nice to be a bird..." the Pomeranian remarked with a sigh once the birds disappeared out of sight, knowing she might not ever get the chance to be like one. resting her head on her paws, she glanced over to her right. Seeing something in the corner, an idea popped into her head, causing her tail to wag. Maybe she could learn how to be a bird after all. Hopping down from the couch, she barked, "Tiberius! I need your help!"

Three Minutes Later...

"Let me get this straight. You want to learn the ways of a bird?" Tiberius questioned, looking awfully tired. His morning nap had been ruined. Holding her head high while her tail wagged nonstop, Gidget replied without hesitation, "No, I need you to teach me the way of the hawk." Nearby, Mel and Buddy's ears perked up when they heard that. A split second later, they raced over and stood on either side of Gidget as they yipped, "We wish to learn too!" Sweetpea rolled his eyes and chirped. Sighing heavily, Tiberius looked at the three dogs in the eye and muttered, "Let's get started then." Flying over to the boombox, Sweetpea turned on some montage music.

Lesson #1 - Glass

"Hawks, like other birds, can not see glass. Get through the maze the best you can," Tiberius ordered after putting a blindfold on Buddy to simulate not being able to see glass. All three dogs were wearing one as they entered a maze made entirely of glass. Watching as the trio bumped into the invisible walls continuously, Tiberius and Sweetpea snickered quietly, giving each other a fist bump before walking to the left of the screen. However, they inadvertantly bumped into some glass that was placed there.

Lesson #2 - Stare Down

Gidget and Tiberius stood facing each other. Once Sweetpea let out a chirp to begin, the two friends began their staring contest. Gritting her teeth, Gidget was making weird faces as she tried her best. Staying cool with a bored look, Tiberius growled. Jumping and blinking, the Pomeranian lost. Smiling to himself, the hawk remarked, "I win... again."

"Dude, I think my eyeballs got fried or something," Buddy mumbled, laying on the floor. Nearby, Mel was declaring himself the winner of a staring contest with a mirror.

Lesson #3 - Agility and Balance

"I'm really starting to doubt your teaching methods!" Mel called as he wrapped his paws around the top of the couch. Buddy was stuck behind him, dodging as best as he could while Tiberius and Sweetpea threw a bunch of tennis balls at them. Gidget, meanwhile, was doing flips and twists to avoid getting hit while one tennis ball finally hit Buddy off the couch. Another one got Mel as Tiberius called, "How bout no more criticizing my methods?!"

Lesson #4 - Sophistication

"A hawk does not show signs of weakness to anyone, including-" Tiberius was stating casually while little baby Iris was playing with his tail when all three dogs crowded around her. "Babies..." the hawk finished, groaning as he facewinged himself.

Lesson #5 - Chase and Catch

"I take back what I said about your teaching methods earlier!" Mel barked as he, Buddy and Gidget played fetch, chasing after the flying tennis balls and bringing them back to be thrown by either Tiberius or Sweetpea.

Lesson #6 - Killing and Eating

"Eat Sweetpea," Tiberius declared in the most serious tone ever. All three dogs and parakeet glanced at each other. "Uh... do we have to?" Gidget asked, recalling last time. Keeping a straight face, Tiberius pointed out, "Hawks eat birds. It's nature-"

"No, don't mention that! Nature's horrible!" Mel cried.

"Please tell me there's a better way-" Buddy was saying when he was interrupted by Sweetpea chirping. They all looked to find that Gidget had eaten him again. Eyes widening, Tiberius exclaimed, "Gidget, no! I was joking! Bad dog! Bad bird... dog.... thing?" Gidget quickly spat out Sweetpea and proceeded to get pecked on the head for eating him.

Lesson #7 - Flying

"Alright, the most important part about being a hawk is being able to fly," Tiberius stated while demonstrating to the three dogs. They were up on the roof of the Empire State Building. Landing, the hawk concluded, "All it takes is a leap of faith-" Rushing past him, Gidget took a flying leap. Mel, Buddy and Sweetpea raced over with panicked looks on their faces. "Man, you got to save her before she hits the ground!" Buddy exclaimed.

"She's fine. Just give her a sec," Tiberius replied.

"She's getting closer to the ground," Mel reported, Sweetpea chirping softly.

"Many do this, it's natural."

"Not for her!" Buddy shouted. Gidget could be heard screaming now.

"Relax, she's just testing her wings-"

"Dude, she doesn't have wings!"

"What now?"

"Gidget doesn't have wings!" Mel and Buddy barked, Sweetpea chirping. Eyes widening, Tiberius swiftly dived as he screeched, "Hang on Gidget!" A few moments later, he shot back up with Gidget safe and secure in his talons. Placed back on the roof, the Pomeranian asked, "How did I do?" Shaking while he rubbed his scarred eye, the old hawk remarked, "Congratulations, you're officially a hawk. Let's never do this again." With that, he collapsed on the roof out of fright while the three dogs cheered.