Chapter 21

Leading the small group through the circus grounds while doing flips, jumps and rolls to different spots of cover, Snowball was humming his superhero theme song. He also beginning to increase in volume. The rabbit was about ready to burst out singing when Daisy snapped, "Snowball! How bout ya zip it?" The bunny gave her an okay sign before continuing to take the lead, though much quieter this time. However, he soon stopped and held his paw out towards the three dogs following him, his palm facing them. Putting a finger to his lips, he quietly beckoned them forward.

Peering around a wooden crate, Max saw what had gotten Snowball's attention. Sergei's wolf pack, consisting of four black furred wolves, were sniffing around. Gulping, the Jack Russell terrier lowered his head down towards Snowball and Daisy. "You two have any ideas on how to get pass these guys or should we find a different route?" Shaking her head, Daisy pointed beyond the wolves as she responded, "I can see her cage not too far from here." Sure enough, a cage shrouded in darkness stood about ten to fifteen feet away from the pets. A mound of white fur with black stripes could be seen curled up inside.

"I might have an idea," Snowball declared, flashing a victorious glance at Daisy. The Shih Tzu stuck her tongue out at the rabbit. "Which is..." Max hinted, looking at the superhero next to him. Smiling at the Jack Russell terrier as he patted his friend on the shoulder and took him over to the side, Snowball jabbed a thumb oover his shoulder towards Daisy and Gidget as he answered without hesitation, "We're gonna use her as bait."

"Say what?" Daisy asked, noticing that the thumb was pointing at her. Looking over his shoulder, Snowball quickly corrected himself and pointed at Gidget as he noted, "Not you, her."

"Why do I have to be the bait?" Gidget questioned, all eyes on her now. The fluffy white Pomeranian's fur had puffed up like she had been electrocuted or something, making her look twice her normal size. Placing his paws on her shoulders, Snowball looked the small dog in the eye as he explained, "Gidget, the wolves will instantly recognize me, Daisy or Tiny Dog. But they won't recognize you. All you need to do is distract them long enough for us to get that tigress out of here. I'll come save you if anything goes wrong."

"I'll save you too," Max piped up, nudging Snowball out of the way and standing in front of Gidget as he went on, "I know you can do this Gidget, I know you can." Closing her eyes briefly, the fluffy white Pomeranian opened them as she declared, "Alright, I'll do it. How much time do you need?"

"All the time you can give us sweetie," Daisy replied. Nodding her head, Gidget saw something to her right. Smiling, she remarked, "I think I can manage that."