Chapter 51

"I can't believe we got kicked out of the plan..." Tiny muttered as he walked around. With a pillowcase over him, the only way he could see was through a small peephole that had been cut just for him to see. Sweetpea and Norman were up on his head, each one holding a stick. They had two large peepholes to represent a pair of eyes. Looking down at the young basset hound who was carrying them, Norman squeaked, "We're still apart of the plan. If anything, Max said we had the most important job of all."

"If you call fooling someone's grandmother the most important job," Tiny muttered. Sweetpea whistled.

"Ah, there they are!" Katie's grandmother declared when she finally found her glasses on the kitchen counter after Norman had gotten them out of the air vents. Picking them up, she put them on and turned around to find a little ghost coming towards her, waving its arms up and down. Giggling quietly, the old lady knelt down and looked her great grandson in the eye. "That's a very clever costume Liam. Come on, the cookies are almost ready. They're your favorite, chocolate chip." Reaching one hand up to the top of the pillowcase, she tugged it off so she could see the little boy's face.

Of course Liam wasn't there but there was a young dog, a guinea pig and a parakeet instead.

Her eyes rolling into the back of her head, Katie's grandmother fainted and fell backwards. The three animals watched in dead silence for a full whole minute. "At least she was already near the ground when she passed out," Tiny remarking, breaking the eerie silence. Biting his lip, the young basset hound muttered, "Now... how are we supposed to get her up on the couch?"

"You know, I'm not entirely sure. The plan was so flawless until she pulled off the pillowcase," Norman mumbled. His eyes lighting up as an idea popped into his little brain, Sweetpea chirped and whistled, hopping up and down in place on Tiny's head. Rubbing his chin, the guinea pig murmured, "I guess it could work. I mean, one could question why she's taking a nap on the floor but it could work." Seeing where this was going, Tiny padded over to the couch. Grabbing a pillow, he brought it back. He and Norman lifted the old lady's head and placed the pillow underneath. Sweetpea draped a blanket over her. One would think that Katie's grandmother, for some bizarre reason, decided to take a nap on the floor.

"Great. Now I'm bored," Tiny muttered, sitting down. Norman and Sweetpea sat on either side of him as they stared blankly at Katie's grandmother. Sighing heavily, Tiny was about to turn on the TV when he and the two small animals who were with him heard a motorcycle pull up outside.