Chapter 25

"What the heck just happened?!" Snowball screeched at the top of his lungs. Daisy shook him, pointing frantically at the wolves and motioning for him to be quiet. However, the wolf pack had already turned their attention towards the four animals. "RUN!" Gidget howled from the tightrope she was perched upon way high up. The group didn't need to be told twice as they split up. Unfortunately, the wolves had also split up. Running as fast as his feet could carry him, Max howled, "I'll come back for you Gidget!"

"Don't worry, I'll meet up with you later!" Gidget called. Bunching her muscles together, she leapt off the tightrope. Recalling her cat lessons with Chloe about a year ago, her eyes focused on the ground below her. The fluffy white Pomeranian landed neatly on her four feet, just as graceful as a cat would. Looking to her left, her sky blue eyes widened with fear when she saw one of the wolves coming towards her. She was about to take off running when jaws clamped down on her scruff. A moment later, Gidget was tossed up onto the shoulders of the white tigress they had come to save. Smiling as she watched the tiger put some distance between themselves and the wolf, the Pomeranian yipped, "Thank you. But I think you're going too far. We need to meet up with the others." By now, the pair had left the circus grounds and were now sprinting down a dark alley.

Glancing over her shoulder, Gidget could hear the wolf chasing them still. It sounded like he was joined by another from the pack. Luckily, she couldn't see them as the tigress she was riding weaved around trash cans and puddles. Turning to face forward again, the fluffy white Pomeranian didn't notice a low hanging bar until she struck her forehead against it. Yelping in pain, she fell off the tiger's back and onto the pavement. Blinking her eyes, Gidget saw the tigress running away, not once looking back. At the same time, she heard a low growl. Gulping, the small dog looked up.

"You're coming with us little lady," the lead wolf snarled, he and his pack mate towering over Gidget. The Pomeranian curled up into a little ball, gazing up at the two wolves fearfully. Opening his jaws, the lead wolf was about to grab her when a flowerpot crashed down on his head. Another one hit his partner. Frightened, Gidget looked up. However, she couldn't see a thing with it being night and the location a dark alley with no lights. But she got the feeling that there was someone or something up there just as another flowerpot came crashing down onto the wolves. Worried she was going to get hit as two more fell, the Pomeranian scrambled to get away. However, she wasn't fast enough and one came crashing down on her head. Stumbling, she collapsed on the ground just as the wolves ran away.

The last thing Gidget saw before she blacked out was a dark cloaked figure approaching her, eyes glowing like burning embers...