Chapter-1o Lies

Chachi came running to the door as she saw Manik and Nandini entering dripping wet.

Chachi-

"What's this Nandini? You can't just angrily go like that! And Manik what's your problem! How could you just leave a note and leave like that!"

Nandini hugged Chachi and exclaimed-

"He's not calling of the wedding, but there's something that we'd like to tell."

Chachi untangled herself from her embrace and with tears in her eyes said-

"Really! You guys aren't calling off the wedding?!"

Chacha-

"I told you god will never break our dreams, and see he didn't."

Chachi nodded happily.

Nandini said- But there's one thing that we'd like to tell you.

Manik assembled everybody. Everyone was stressed due to Manik's note.

Alya-  "Manik what is that stupid note about? Why can't you marry her!"

Navya-  "Seriously Manik you gotta tell us now."

Kabir-  "You just told me that you can't marry her and I want to know why! You both love each other what else do you guys need!"

Manik took a deep breathe and said-

" I have lung cancer! Yes my reports are out. I had been coughing profusely since past few months."

Nandini-

"He got to know this on the day of our mehendi function. Dhruv got his reports."

This was enough to crumble everyone.

Kabir was almost in tears. He was heartbroken to hear this. Alya and Navya had moist eyes and were trying their best not to cry.

Nandini-  "Manik knew that even after knowing this I'll readily marry him but Dhruv somehow convinced him that he shouldn't marry me cause he doesn't have a lot of time to live."

While saying this Nandini had tears in her eyes. She regained composure and wiped her tears.

She walked up to Chachi held her hands and said-

" I know you're really worried how will I manage after... but trust me  I just can't live without him and I really really want to marry him."

Chachi looked at her with tears streaming down her eyes. She left without saying a word. Chacha followed her.

Manik hugged Nandini who started sobbing uncontrollably.

Manik-

"Shh...Shh... Don't cry love! No please don't! "

He cupped her cheeks and kissed her tears.

Alya, Navya, Dhruv were not in their senses anymore. They hugged Manik crying inconsolably.

Manik shut his eyes as sorrow of leaving them one day started to choke him.

Nandini rushed to look for Dhruv and question him that why did he not tell her the truth.

She rushed to the guest room to look for him but he wasn't there. Nandini grew suspicious.

Nandini's Internal Monologue

Where is Dhruv? I need to know that why did he not tell me! He's hiding something fir sure. Okay I get it he was concerned about my future but at least he could have talked to me!

Nandini looked everywhere and grew tired as he was no where to be found. Nandini saw Manik in the kitchen and went behind him.

"Manik?" called out Nandini.

Manik-  "Yeah just came to heat up some food for you, where were you."

Nandini walked closer and said-

"I'd been looking for Dhruv but he's nowhere to be found."

Manik-  "Ah! He's gone to out to buy some stuff. Don't worry and come with me."

He handed over the plate to her and held her tiny little fingers in his rough hands.

They entered Nandini's room and cuddled up inside the warm blanket.

Nandini laid her head on his shoulder and exclaimed-  "It's been a long tiring day."

Manik stroked her hair and responded-

"Indeed, you must be tired, here have your food."

He broke a piece of bread and forwarded the morsel to her but Nandini politely declined.

Manik-  "This isn't done

Nandini smiled and said-  "Okay but you'll have it too. It's been a long day for you too."

Manik smiled as Nandini fed him a morsel. A tear escaped his eyes.

Oh how much he wanted to live this life with Nandini. But he knew this wasn't going to last long. This wasn't going to last forever.

Nandini-  "C'mon Manik don't cry! It's our wedding we need to be happy. And don't worry about Chachi I know Chacha will convince her."

Manik smiled and hugged her. They snuggled in the blanket as the December winter chilled their nights. Manik entwined their feet and held her extremely extremely close zoo her. His cologne was fusing in her skin.

Manik looked at her and the next thing he knew he was kissing her madly. And mad here literally means mad. They kissed each other with oozing intensity and passion. Manik roamed his fingers over her waist. While Nandini clutched his hair.

They parted their lips breathing heavily when Manik whispered-

"Your touch makes me forget the world, oh Nandini you're amazingly heavenly."

Nandini dug her face near his neck blushing profusely.

Manik lifted her chin and said-

"Tomorrow is our cocktail ceremony and I want you too wear what I got."

Manik got off the bed and handed her a scintillating black long dress with a deep back that ended well above her waist.

Nandini blushed seeing the dress and said-

"The back is  umm..."

Manik again got on the bed and whispered-

"Yes say it, how's the back"

Nandini pushed him away and stood near the window with her cheeks turning hot pink.

As she looked outside the window she saw the one she'd been looking for! Dhruv!

He was taking to someone on the phone.

Manik back hugged Nandini and said-

"What are you thinking? Come let's sleep."

Nandini without thinking ran downstairs leaving behind a confused Manik.

She walked upto Dhruv and stopped suddenly as what she heard next crumbled her world down.

Dhruv-  "Yeah Manik's fine, I lied to him."